Sun 9 Aug: SL: Leeds Rhinos v St Helens KO 6.30pm (Sky Sports)

Who will win?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • St Helens

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/08/20 at 18:00

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saints to quick all around the park for Leeds, and they won't have the naivety that Huddersfield displayed in the last quater. Saints comfortable winners for mine.

Forgive me if this as been mentioned previously, did anyone else pick up on the background noise/chant in the Leeds/Giants game of 'We're Leeds Rhinos' obviously being broadcast on the Headingley speaker system I should think and not on the Sky 'canned production' noise, should that be allowed if a team is playing a game at their home venue. For me I do not think it should be allowed.

The more cynical of us could say that this could escalate in that different chants could be used to mean different things and broadcast at precise moments as a way of the coach having an observation from the stands and wishing to get an immediate message across.

4 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Saints to quick all around the park for Leeds, and they won't have the naivety that Huddersfield displayed in the last quater. Saints comfortable winners for mine.

Forgive me if this as been mentioned previously, did anyone else pick up on the background noise/chant in the Leeds/Giants game of 'We're Leeds Rhinos' obviously being broadcast on the Headingley speaker system I should think and not on the Sky 'canned production' noise, should that be allowed if a team is playing a game at their home venue. For me I do not think it should be allowed.

The more cynical of us could say that this could escalate in that different chants could be used to mean different things and broadcast at precise moments as a way of the coach having an observation from the stands and wishing to get an immediate message across.

Hahaha why should it not be allowed? It's just noise to make an atmosphere come across and i'm not getting into Huddersfield fan bashing here but it's perfectly reasonable to assume you would've heard Leeds fans making noise even if it was at Huddersfield. 

Your cynical point is worse than that, Harry - it's absolute bonkers to think players with everything that's going on in the game are listening for chants to give secret instructions hahaha! Water carriers and physios need to worry about being replaced in that respect. 

Leeds by 8. 

2 hours ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Hahaha why should it not be allowed? It's just noise to make an atmosphere come across and i'm not getting into Huddersfield fan bashing here but it's perfectly reasonable to assume you would've heard Leeds fans making noise even if it was at Huddersfield. 

Your cynical point is worse than that, Harry - it's absolute bonkers to think players with everything that's going on in the game are listening for chants to give secret instructions hahaha! Water carriers and physios need to worry about being replaced in that respect. 

Leeds by 8. 

well main reason for me is that the game was a HOME TIE for Huddersfield.... only rugby leahue can say neutral grounds for the games//////// it was LEED playing in a neutral venue called LEEDS........ sinks......as  Huddersfied is one of the grounds where games vcan be played..... so question WHY PICK THE GAME FOR LEEDs

17 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Nothing was "broadcast" on the PA system apart from regular spoken announcements.  All the sounds you heard were added by Sky for tv viewers only, louder for the designated home team but when appropriate the away team got relevant noise. We heard the Cowbell and we heard Oh When the Saints.

Don't remember hearing anything Catalan specific but given how the game went there weren't really many appropriate moments for them to be heard.

I was a bit concerned about last week's game, but we looked so much sharper in attack. We seemed to benefit from the season suspension. Lees, Peyroux and Paulo will probably all be available. I imagine that Lees will replace Batchelor, Peyroux will go to starting second row and the last spot on the bench will be between Bentley and Smith, with the former preferred.

Play like we did last week and I'd be confident of a win. But Leeds are the league leaders and we do need to be really on our game, in a way that last week we probably could have got away with not being.

Hopefully we kick on from the last 15 mins of the Hudds game. Saints are nothing special this year from what I've seen but neither are we especially.

That said we sit at the top of the league and should be looking to defend that

8 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Hopefully we kick on from the last 15 mins of the Hudds game. Saints are nothing special this year from what I've seen but neither are we especially.

That said we sit at the top of the league and should be looking to defend that

Saints were nothing special prior to lock down and OK Caralan are rubbish, but in those two games played Saints look the much better all round team, and to strong for your lot.

11 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Saints were nothing special prior to lock down and OK Caralan are rubbish, but in those two games played Saints look the much better all round team, and to strong for your lot.

Having watched other sports returns from lockdowns, I'm willing to give benefit of the doubt to it being cobwebs dusted off and six again exacerbating those problems.

We were playing very well before lockdown (bar again the opener) and a return to that would see us well I think. 

Will have to see.

On 06/08/2020 at 12:01, Harry Stottle said:

They must have issued earpieces to all the players then given that noise is only on the telly

too quick ............

I'm not sure modern teachers think small differences in language writing matter, but just for the record, in English we have three words sounding the same but with different meanings.

1. TO ....... as in, "I am going to town tomorrow.," or, "Please give that to me."

2. TOO ..... as in, "Someone twenty years old is too old to be called a teenager, " or, "Ouch,  that tea was too hot!"

3.  TWO ....  as in, "Give him a break, he's only got two sisters whereas you have got four older brothers."

☺️ (pedantic - sorry)

“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”  Eleanor Roosevelt

11 minutes ago, Honor James said:

too quick ............

I'm not sure modern teachers think small differences in language writing matter, but just for the record, in English we have three words sounding the same but with different meanings.

1. TO ....... as in, "I am going to town tomorrow.," or, "Please give that to me."

2. TOO ..... as in, "Someone twenty years old is too old to be called a teenager, " or, "Ouch,  that tea was too hot!"

3.  TWO ....  as in, "Give him a break, he's only got two sisters whereas you have got four older brothers."

☺️ (pedantic - sorry)

Yes Ma'am.

What you on about?

Of course it should be allowed. 

And I heard that the coaches give out secret messages the morning of the match. Read out on the BBC 9am news just like in WWII 

Archived