Sun 9 Aug: SL: Leeds Rhinos v St Helens KO 6.30pm (Sky Sports)

Who will win?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • St Helens

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/08/20 at 18:00

Score now:  100% enthusiasm v 0% enthusiasm.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Richard Agar has really put his stamp on this Leeds team.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Just now, Gerrumonside ref said:

It’s going to be difficult to talk down that one!

Won't stop some people trying.

Great work by Grace - a hat-trick to remember.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, Futtocks said:

Won't stop some people trying.

Great work by Grace - a hat-trick to remember.

He created the space himself for that one, the acrobatics was brilliant, the other one was an open door by pathetic defence but still needed scoring.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

3 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Surely some of these Leeds cardboard cutouts are wanting to do the Wigan walk by now?

Demolition job by Saints.

They are probably hanging round because they might get a game next week. 

To play with such an unwavering level of intensity for 80 minutes, both with the ball and without it, especially in the second half when the game was beyond doubt, two weeks after a five month layoff takes some doing. Defensively we were mean in that second half and superb at defending our line.

Leeds were bullied and we ran over the top of them. It was men against children throughout and I can’t remember seeing a side score so many tries through the middle of the pitch as we have tonight. 

Only a couple of games for them since lockdown. Saints will shake off the rust soon.

Gulp.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 06/08/2020 at 12:01, Harry Stottle said:

Saints to quick all around the park for Leeds, and they won't have the naivety that Huddersfield displayed in the last quater. Saints comfortable winners for mine.

On 07/08/2020 at 08:10, Harry Stottle said:

Saints were nothing special prior to lock down and OK Catalan are rubbish, but in those two games played Saints look the much better all round team, and to strong for your lot.

On 07/08/2020 at 08:27, Tommygilf said:

Having watched other sports returns from lockdowns, I'm willing to give benefit of the doubt to it being cobwebs dusted off and six again exacerbating those problems.

We were playing very well before lockdown (bar again the opener) and a return to that would see us well I think. 

Will have to see.

Nothing much else to add

Archived