Bradford rams

silcoates

Seasons over -RFL said the bulls could only spend a season at Dews. How many bricks have the bulls stuck together in their new stadium.What no progress at all-like trinity and cas.May be Marks real plan will be revealed .BSJ i'm sure you know-like what's happening with season ticket holders of 40 years plus.

2 hours ago, silcoates said:

Seasons over -RFL said the bulls could only spend a season at Dews. How many bricks have the bulls stuck together in their new stadium.What no progress at all-like trinity and cas.May be Marks real plan will be revealed .BSJ i'm sure you know-like what's happening with season ticket holders of 40 years plus.

The RFL never said that Bradford could only spend one season at Dewsbury; I don't know where you got that from.

There is a separate thread on season tickets and I know no more than what is on there. I am also a season ticket holder since the Crown Flatt days, just so that you know.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

2 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

The RFL never said that Bradford could only spend one season at Dewsbury; I don't know where you got that from.

There is a separate thread on season tickets and I know no more than what is on there. I am also a season ticket holder since the Crown Flatt days, just so that you know.

But in a statement, the RFL say the Bulls' plans for a return to the city 'lack credibility and therefore the approval is only for the 2020 season.'

The full statement reads: "The RFL Board of Directors has conditionally approved an application from Bradford Bulls to play home matches at Dewsbury’s Tetley’s Stadium in 2020.

"This permission has been granted reluctantly and on the basis that the club’s intention is to return to Bradford in the near future. On the evidence so far submitted, the club’s plans for this return lack credibility and therefore the approval is only for the 2020 season.

"The RFL Board feel that the information provided so far in relation to the move to Dewsbury is incomplete and therefore it is a condition that the club provide further financial information on the impact of the move.

"Until this is provided to the satisfaction of the RFL the club will remain in special measures and is not permitted to sign players.

"Based on the information received the RFL feel that this decision made by the Bradford Bulls directors is a poor one; however ultimately the board of that club is responsible for determining what is in the best interests of Bradford Bulls.

"The actions taken by the club leave little alternative but to grant this request in order to avoid disruption to trading, but only on a time limited basis which will allow space for a more comprehensive review.

"As the Bulls have vacated Odsal, the RFL will in due course consider all options for the site."

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/sport/17858231.rfl-grant-approval-bulls-move-dewsbury---2020/

Might soon be time for the Bulls to get that cap in hand and go see the RFL again.....

Oops, you do realise LTS that BSJ is infallible? The Buls don't need the RFL they can draw down on Dewsbury's riches...

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

1 hour ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

But in a statement, the RFL say the Bulls' plans for a return to the city 'lack credibility and therefore the approval is only for the 2020 season.'

The full statement reads: "The RFL Board of Directors has conditionally approved an application from Bradford Bulls to play home matches at Dewsbury’s Tetley’s Stadium in 2020.

"This permission has been granted reluctantly and on the basis that the club’s intention is to return to Bradford in the near future. On the evidence so far submitted, the club’s plans for this return lack credibility and therefore the approval is only for the 2020 season.

"The RFL Board feel that the information provided so far in relation to the move to Dewsbury is incomplete and therefore it is a condition that the club provide further financial information on the impact of the move.

"Until this is provided to the satisfaction of the RFL the club will remain in special measures and is not permitted to sign players.

"Based on the information received the RFL feel that this decision made by the Bradford Bulls directors is a poor one; however ultimately the board of that club is responsible for determining what is in the best interests of Bradford Bulls.

"The actions taken by the club leave little alternative but to grant this request in order to avoid disruption to trading, but only on a time limited basis which will allow space for a more comprehensive review.

"As the Bulls have vacated Odsal, the RFL will in due course consider all options for the site."

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/sport/17858231.rfl-grant-approval-bulls-move-dewsbury---2020/

Might soon be time for the Bulls to get that cap in hand and go see the RFL again.....

As you know LTS since that time the ownership of that club has changed and they came out of special measures a long time ago. Naturally the utter destruction of the 2020 season will play no part in any reconsideration of this RFL statement, it has been at the forefront of their minds all along.

This from the T&A seems to indicate that they expect the Bulls to be at Dewsbury next season as well:

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/sport/18571027.bradford-bulls-kear-thrilled-sign-half-back-brough/

HTH

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

30 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

Oops, you do realise LTS that BSJ is infallible? The Buls don't need the RFL they can draw down on Dewsbury's riches...

Panicking at the players leaving the Bulldogs ship PM? Scott, Lunt...........................

2 minutes ago, Ainley Top said:

Nowt like a conflict of interest is there? 😐

Nothing to see here...

🙄

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

obviously this terrible virus changed every thing.I hope Bradford stay a few more seasons-it was good to see the ground full and owl lane packed with cars.The public of Dewsbury need to support the rams in bigger numbers or things could well change i think.

What with odsal due a fair bit of £££ been spent to bring back the glory days of brisca f1 stockcars, 5  dates booked for 2021 and the chance of other formulas,i will check if pitch gets protection like it used to years back.

I've been rubbing my crystal balls

And come up with the future

They will return to odsal

Reduced rent

Spend, spend, spend

And kept afloat as long as possible by the major share holder (RFL or EX RFL) 

Until we end up with the same conclusion as we've had 4 or 5 times over the last few years. 

The future is rosy for no one unfortunately... 

And just to ram home how desolate 2021 is going to be... 

The film Mad Max was set in 2021

Life imitating art eh🤔🤔🤔🤔

11 hours ago, silcoates said:

On a topical note-just got my rams mask- EVERYBODY get one or a --dozen- save you from the plague- if only! o dear that'll set piggy off on one.

You'd all die of halitosis long before that Sillycoates

6 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

As you know LTS since that time the ownership of that club has changed and they came out of special measures a long time ago. Naturally the utter destruction of the 2020 season will play no part in any reconsideration of this RFL statement, it has been at the forefront of their minds all along.

Apart from the fact that the move and special measures are commented on separately in the statement, it's pretty clear that the RFL did say it was for 2020 only.....

On 06/08/2020 at 21:16, Ainley Top said:

On 06/08/2020 at 21:20, Piggy's mate said:

Nothing to see here...

🙄

I reckon Halifax & Batley should be more worried about their own clubs,players jumping ship,before nosying into what’s happening at the Rams 😉

On 06/08/2020 at 21:16, Ainley Top said:

What do you mean? You couldn't possibly be commenting on, for example, the chairman of one club trying to maximise the income of that club whilst at the same time, as a CEO elsewhere, trying to remove one of the sources of that income (as quickly as possible)....

12 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

What do you mean? You couldn't possibly be commenting on, for example, the chairman of one club trying to maximise the income of that club whilst at the same time, as a CEO elsewhere, trying to remove one of the sources of that income (as quickly as possible)....

How exactly is he "trying to remove one of the sources of that income (as quickly as possible)" LTS?

17 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

It's been attempted before. 😐

Archived