French concern

And the prime Minister has announced that crowds can go up from 5000 people too! Shame, all those foreigners bringing covid into France with them🇫🇷😁😂, seriously lots of British number plates on the road over here and less Belgian and German plates, figures show most French people are holidaying in France instead of traveling to other countries. 

4 minutes ago, barnyia said:

And the prime Minister has announced that crowds can go up from 5000 people too! Shame, all those foreigners bringing covid into France with them🇫🇷😁😂, seriously lots of British number plates on the road over here and less Belgian and German plates, figures show most French people are holidaying in France instead of traveling to other countries. 

I'm trying to get over to view some houses, but with the news yesterday will have to put that on hold for a while.

11 minutes ago, barnyia said:

They'd probably have to stay in England or end their season, 

I wonder if the frothing heartland f1atcappers would insist that Catalans were demoted, fined and deducted 100 points if they have to end their season?

15 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Can they afford to?

I doubt it as there's no reason why the players can't work in the governments eyes I'd guess, so no wages paid by the French government, just as Toronto weren't probably allowed to be furloughed. 

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

I wonder if the frothing heartland f1atcappers would insist that Catalans were demoted, fined and deducted 100 points if they have to end their season?

I have to wonder what sort of damaged schema makes you believe that this sort of comment is of value to a discussion.

51 minutes ago, Cerulean said:

I have to wonder what sort of damaged schema makes you believe that this sort of comment is of value to a discussion.

It’s a reference to the reaction following Toronto’s sensible decision to withdraw from this season, if not blindingly obvious. 

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

Sure. 

That reminded me of the old quiz question, who is the tenth reindeer on Santa's sleigh team?

Dancer, Prancer, Dasher, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner and Blitzen. Then came Rudolph and ''Olive''

Listen to the song?

''...... Olive the other reindeer, used to laugh and call him (Rudolph) names.

They wouldn't let poor Rudolph join in any reindeer games''

3 hours ago, Eddie said:

It’s a reference to the reaction following Toronto’s sensible decision to withdraw from this season, if not blindingly obvious. 

“sensible decision”

Is that a euphemism for being skint and not having enough players to continue.

4 minutes ago, Moose said:

“sensible decision”

Is that a euphemism for being skint and not having enough players to continue.

Yes of course, with no income of any sort why would they have carried on and got much further into debt?

This thread highlights my suggestion that trying to play out a full season with an ' almost ' full compliment of clubs was stupid , a 9 round UK only comp would have been cheaper , fullfilled the commitment to SKY , and indeed given Toronto ( Mr Argyle ) time to sort himself/ Themself out for season 21 

Instead we've created potential problems that could have been avoided 

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

This thread highlights my suggestion that trying to play out a full season with an ' almost ' full compliment of clubs was stupid , a 9 round UK only comp would have been cheaper , fullfilled the commitment to SKY , and indeed given Toronto ( Mr Argyle ) time to sort himself/ Themself out for season 21 

Instead we've created potential problems that could have been avoided 

The words sensible and rugby league administration or indeed oxymorons. 

It is being reported on the Sky Sports RL website that the RFL and SL have secured an exemption for Catalans in the event of quarantine being reintroduced for travel from France. They will still be able to play in the UK and host games as planned in Perpignan as a result.

Archived