English pack

If England vs Australia was still going ahead what would your pack be.

I'm just sat watching Tom Burgess destroying the Broncos and it got me thinking how good our pack would be

Mine provisionally would be

Tom Burgess 

Daryl Clark

Alex Walmsley

John Bateman

Elliot Whitehead

Luke Thompson

I'll probably change my mind a bit once some other people put their first choice pack on here

1 hour ago, JM2010 said:

I'm just sat watching Tom Burgess destroying the Broncos and it got me thinking how good our pack would be

Tom Burgess 

Daryl Clark

Alex Walmsley

John Bateman

Elliot Whitehead

Luke Thompson

I'll probably change my mind a bit once some other people put their first choice pack on here

Hodgson? Roby? 

I was going to say Hodgson but opted

1 minute ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Hodgson? Roby? 

I was going to say Hodgson but opted for Clarke. He's injured so didn't include him. If he was fully fit I'd probably start with Hodgson, especially as he'll now have a good understanding with Williams 

1 hour ago, JM2010 said:

Tom Burgess 

Daryl Clark

Alex Walmsley

John Bateman

Elliot Whitehead

Luke Thompson

That’s not bad mind !

4 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I'd start with Watts over Burgess any day

Burgess is in good form at the moment and would get us on the front foot against the Aussie forwards. If I was picking Watts it would be instead of Walmsley 

13 minutes ago, JM2010 said:

Burgess is in good form at the moment and would get us on the front foot against the Aussie forwards. If I was picking Watts it would be instead of Walmsley 

I’d bring Walmsley off the bench; start Watts potentially. 

Who else is in the frame though? I’ve been impressed by Sutton since his move to Canberra; developing nicely. George Burgess is he returns to form? Other possibles going forward...

Matty English - Scott Taylor - Josh Bowden - Rob Mulhern - Alex Mellor - Matty Lees - Mike Cooper - Ben Currie - Morgan Smithies...

Not lots of depth at the moment IMO. Likely missed a few but not far off wrong. Hooker worries me moving forward as well...

7 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I'd start with Watts over Burgess any day

Nah I'm convinced every time I watch Watts that he's just a flat track bully and would be exposed by the Aussies and Kiwis big time. I don't think he has the other attributes (handling skills and leadership) to compensate for that either.

If we played a Euro championship with England every year against the Home Nations and France I think that would be his level

8 hours ago, JM2010 said:

I rate Liam Watts but would you pick him oved Walmsley or Burgess?

I think i would. I'd have Burgess come off the bench, hopefully, for a bit of impact. Tom's looked good in patches at Souths this year, with some good yards, but i still feel he plays below his potential. And he's still a clumsy so and so with ball in hand.

I think Watts offers more, though still has elements of his game that need work. And is more like the type of prop the current style of the game requires. IMO. If that makes sense.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

1 minute ago, EastLondonMike said:

I think i would. I'd have Burgess come off the bench, hopefully, for a bit of impact. Tom's looked good in patches at Souths this year, with some good yards, but i still feel he plays below his potential. And he's still a clumsy so and so with ball in hand.

I think Watts offers more. And is more like the type of prop the current style of the game requires. If that makes sense.

Yeah Watts is more of a ball player. A good pack should have big mobile yardage makers with at least a couple of creative players in there 

44 minutes ago, EastLondonMike said:

I think Watts offers more, though still has elements of his game that need work. And is more like the type of prop the current style of the game requires. IMO. If that makes sense.

Tom Burgess hasn't just looked good in patches this year, he has been the dominant prop on the pitch in pretty much every game he has played.

He has also made 9 errors in 13 games which is exactly the same as Elliot Whitehead who nobody would even come close to suggesting is 'clumsy' with the ball in his hands.

It's time to stop judging people on lazy stereotypes and actually looking at their performances.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

12 hours ago, JM2010 said:

Tom Burgess 

Daryl Clark

Alex Walmsley

John Bateman

Elliot Whitehead

Luke Thompson

I think, on form, Tom Burgess and Walmsley should both be in the seventeen, but I wouldn't necessarily want them on the pitch at the same time. 

People called Romans they go the house

3 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

Think Roby is still the best player in SL so should always be in the England team but changing with Clark through the game.

Certainly at his peak but not now. Clark has been heir apparent for Roby, now he is the best. 

2 hours ago, Dunbar said:

Tom Burgess hasn't just looked good in patches this year, he has been the dominant prop on the pitch in pretty much every game he has played.

He has also made 9 errors in 13 games which is exactly the same as Elliot Whitehead who nobody would even come close to suggesting is 'clumsy' with the ball in his hands.

It's time to stop judging people on lazy stereotypes and actually looking at their performances.

I'm not judging him on any stereotype. Only on what I've seen in games. You may feel he's the dominant prop and that's fine. I don't.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Archived