Warning to Super League clubs and NRL clubs : beware of Tevita Pangai Jnr!

Tevita Pangai Jnr is 24 years old, and plays for The Brisbane Broncos.

He has a very long, bad record with the NRL judiciary for illegal violent play.

He has been shopping himself around to other NRL clubs.

He broke NRL rules on self-isolation during the Corona virus pandemic by attending the opening of a barbershop associated with the Mongols bikie gang.

His violation of NRL protocols on social isolation has resulted in him being forced into a 14 day quarantine that will deprive his struggling  club of his playing services for two weeks at least.

His club is struggling badly in the NRL competition, and has already lost its head coach and several other staff to 14 day quarantine for violating NRL protocols.

He knew all of these problems for his struggling club when he decided to attend the opening of the barbershop.

The Mongols bikie gang is suspected by the Queensland police of being a criminal organization.

The Queensland police, who had staked out the opening of the barber shop, reported Tevita Pangai’s presence at the barber shop opening to the NRL.

Tevita Pangai Jnr May not be re-signed by the Brisbane Broncos, or signed by any other NRL club, in which case his manager may approach a Super League club. 

Conclusion: any Super League or NRL club which signs Tevita Pangai Jnr is asking for endless trouble that cannot be justified by the player’s talent as a rugby league player.

13 minutes ago, Manfred Mann said:

He broke NRL rules on self-isolation during the Corona virus pandemic by attending the opening of a barbershop associated with the Mongols bikie gang.

The Mongols bikie gang is suspected by the Queensland police of being a criminal organization.

The Queensland police, who had staked out the opening of the barber shop, reported Tevita Pangai’s presence at the barber shop opening to the NRL

Conclusion: any Super League or NRL club which signs Tevita Pangai Jnr is asking for endless trouble that cannot be justified by the player’s talent as a rugby league player.

What are you babbling on about marra??

And some rugby league fans still wonder why rugby league is declining in the UK! Just tell them to look at what some of the fans themselves on here think about rugby league’s problems! 🤪

6 minutes ago, Manfred Mann said:

And some rugby league fans still wonder why rugby league is declining in the UK! Just tell them to look at what some of the fans themselves on here think about rugby league’s problems!

Dont worry there arnt many biker gangs in the UK that have an intrest in a barbershop so if he comes over it should curb his temptation.

I do however think theres a vicious gang based out of Wakefield that own a nail bar but they dont like RL.

15 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

Dont worry there arnt many biker gangs in the UK that have an intrest in a barbershop so if he comes over it should curb his temptation.

I do however think theres a vicious gang based out of Wakefield that own a nail bar but they dont like RL.

But do they comply with social distancing guidelines? 

People go into establishments associated with Bikies (and other organised crime) without even realising it all the time. So it’s very harsh to condemn him for that.

Also a bunch of players and officials have broken the covid protocols, frankly there seems to be a bit of confusion around what they can and can’t do at times, and he’s not really any more prone to trips to the judiciary then a lot of players, particularly in his position.

I don’t think you have to worry about him going to SL anytime soon either...

7 hours ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

This is why I try to avoid posting stuff online after a few ales.

A few, you think this kind of garbage is written after only a few?

My favourite part of this is he if he thinks some SL or NRL club executive will have been thinking os signing him, but will have read this thread on a sunday evening and thought 

"ooh, maybe this random internet guy who has named himself after an obscure 60`s rock band knows what he`s talking about, I better get on to the bank first thing monday morning and cancel that cheque."...

So to clarify he may or may not be re-signed by Brisbane  , in fact he may or may not want to resign with Brisbane . His manager may or may not shop him around and a SL club may or may not sign him . 
Sounds exactly like sky sports news in the transfer window .  
By the way ‘ the opening of a barbershop associated with the Mongols bikie gang ‘ is one of the funniest lines I’ve read in ages . The mind boggles 

PS I really don’t think Pangai will struggle getting a club 

1 minute ago, DavidM said:

PS I really don’t think Pangai will struggle getting a club 

He will now. There's an anonymous post on a web forum pointing out his mistakes. He has been ENDED by this.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

5 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

He will now. There's an anonymous post on a web forum pointing out his mistakes. He has been ENDED by this.

I’m watching the NRL ... there  are plenty of guys who went to the barbers and committed much bigger crimes . Wow , some absolute shockers around !

12 hours ago, Manfred Mann said:

His violation of NRL protocols on social isolation has resulted in him being forced into a 14 day quarantine that will deprive his struggling  club of his playing services for two weeks at least.

His club is struggling badly in the NRL competition, and has already lost its head coach and several other staff to 14 day quarantine for violating NRL protocols.

He knew all of these problems for his struggling club when he decided to attend the opening of the barbershop.

The Queensland police, who had staked out the opening of the barber shop, reported Tevita Pangai’s presence at the barber shop opening to the NRL.

Tevita Pangai Jnr May not be re-signed by the Brisbane Broncos, or signed by any other NRL club, in which case his manager may approach a Super League club. 

Go back to RLFans Jean. Don't spoil this forum too. 

Yet a few months back you were advocating for clubs to sign Jayden Okunbor who is a far inferior player for whom the risk/reward ledger is way down.

Rather hypocritical in my view.

That said Pangai has a lot of talent but needs to do some rapid growing up and rein in the mindless thuggery.

Archived