RL matters

If you scroll down there are 2 games reviewed in '"also under sport"

BBC Sport does prefer international events for its main stories.

Outside of that, football's being played again now.......nothing else matters.

10 hours ago, iangidds said:

Looking for a different headline instead of BBC! Full round of super league and not a single headline on their web page unless you look under the RL banner

It's a really odd selection of stories today. There's a high placing for a funny bit of baseball that would normally be on the bottom line rather than in the main selection for example.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

8 minutes ago, Whippet13 said:

Never mind the sports section, RL is now on the front page of the BBC news site....now there's a surprise.

Yep.  They jump on the sport when there is bad news to be reported.

It's just a pity we had to give them this particular bad news.

7 hours ago, Whippet13 said:

Never mind the sports section, RL is now on the front page of the BBC news site....now there's a surprise.

Not currently. Must have been up for about five minutes.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 hour ago, gingerjon said:

Not currently. Must have been up for about five minutes.

Yesterday's news now. It's moved to the main sports page, which is still more than last weekend's games got the day after.

10 minutes ago, Whippet13 said:

Yesterday's news now. It's moved to the main sports page, which is still more than last weekend's games got the day after.

Yes on my feed (never sure if they vary by region) the top 5 articles are;

How women in sport cope with periods

Wolves getting knocked out of a tin pot cup

Wolves getting knocked out of a tin pot cup (again)

Roberto Di Matteo reminiscing about his career

Someone signing a new contract with Saracens

Rugby League is never going to get a look in where there are scintillating stories like that in other sports (there was also a snooker one but I ignored it because it’s not a sport)  

There's an article on the BBC discussing the lack of BAME sportspeople statues. Despite having 2 of the (only) 10 statues RL doesn't get a mention in the main body of the article, only the graphics. Obviously RL can do more and I definitely don't want to distract from the point of the article but you would expect some mention that it is the only sport other than football with more than one and presumably the sport with the highest percentage. 

Also, guess which sport is missing from the list that of sports without a single BAME statue despite not having one?

2 hours ago, glossop saint said:

There's an article on the BBC discussing the lack of BAME sportspeople statues. Despite having 2 of the (only) 10 statues RL doesn't get a mention in the main body of the article, only the graphics. Obviously RL can do more and I definitely don't want to distract from the point of the article but you would expect some mention that it is the only sport other than football with more than one and presumably the sport with the highest percentage. 

Also, guess which sport is missing from the list that of sports without a single BAME statue despite not having one?

Its the old school tie matey. Many and varied are the ways of the Dark Side.

6 hours ago, fighting irish said:

Its the old school tie matey. Many and varied are the ways of the Dark Side.

Probably. Giving them the benefit of the doubt, I suspect written by someone who doesn't even know rugby league exists, hence the lack of quote or even mention. As it will ever be unless we have a change at either the BBC or within the sport. Both of which I suspect are unlikely.

1 hour ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I've never understood why we've never put a statue of Clive Sullivan up in hull given that he means so much to the identity of the city, let alone the sport in the city. I know there is a road named after him but a big statue right outside the train station would be fantastic! 

Or, in Wenglish, ''Fantastic that would be''.

Archived