Super League - very impressed

So so glad RL is back.

Salford we’re by far the most impressive - even more so than Saints. Their play was so fresh and varied. Well done to their coaches and players

On 10/08/2020 at 11:24, Eddie said:

To be fair the BBC did mention RL on a bulletin the other day, which was about Folau not kneeling (they didn’t mention who was playing or what the score was though). 

And the entire Wakefield team?     Not that I am criticising them.

Fully agree that the standard has been really good. New rules mean that you either adapt , be disciplined and speed up your game and be successful or fall by the wayside , probably with some heavy defeats on the way.

My club, Wigan, more than most need to get the discipline imperative and quick.

The shortned Play Off format has made it really cut throat - there will we can lose a Play Off game and progress , home advantage , Club Call ( remember that) etc .

Its simple - Secure Top 4 , lose and you are out.

The fitness of the squads is really going to show , as well as the depths of squad.

So far , so good

3 hours ago, Rupert Prince said:

It has been mentioned by all the papers. No surprise it was in The Guardian.

They were quite entitled to not to. Political matters should be out of sport.

It was a feature of the BBC match report which also included a photo of the Wakefield team standing.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

4 hours ago, Wirral Warrior said:

Fully agree that the standard has been really good. New rules mean that you either adapt , be disciplined and speed up your game and be successful or fall by the wayside , probably with some heavy defeats on the way.

My club, Wigan, more than most need to get the discipline imperative and quick.

The shortned Play Off format has made it really cut throat - there will we can lose a Play Off game and progress , home advantage , Club Call ( remember that) etc .

Its simple - Secure Top 4 , lose and you are out.

The fitness of the squads is really going to show , as well as the depths of squad.

So far , so good

I agree with much of what you say, WW.  I have never liked the idea of a play-off series in which you could lose and still survive.  With any luck, a straight knock-out process whether involving four or more clubs, will be a retained feature from this strange season.

Archived