L'Equipe Viewing Figures

16 minutes ago, barnyia said:

I reckon the équipe are just filling air time for free and not that interested really, I even read that it's the catalans that pay the commentators but I'm not sure that's true. 

That is a very pessimistic point of view. 

What is Rugby League competing with on equipe, what constitutes a high/solid/average sports program. How does League compare? Surely this is what will determine if  "Equipe are just filling air time".

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They show biathlon, petanque, cycling, champion league and ligue 1 commentary in front of a pretend crowd, lots of chat shows, 4th division rugby union, fencing, which are all promoted on the site and in the newspaper, the super league doesn't seem to get this, they even delayed the showing of the game against Castleford after a repeat of cycle race over ran, they didn't show the cas game and aren't showing the salford game live as it clashes with a chat show or something, 

2 minutes ago, barnyia said:

They show biathlon, petanque, cycling, champion league and ligue 1 commentary in front of a pretend crowd, lots of chat shows, 4th division rugby union, fencing, which are all promoted on the site and in the newspaper, the super league doesn't seem to get this, they even delayed the showing of the game against Castleford after a repeat of cycle race over ran, they didn't show the cas game and aren't showing the salford game live as it clashes with a chat show or something, 

That aside, is it a free to air channel that most of France can get?

Saturday the live game has been pushed to Sunday to show motor racing repeat and a cycle race, then a chat show about ligue 1

I'm not sure they'll be willing to pay the broadcast costs for the home games, I hope I'm wrong, 

Just now, Eddie said:

That aside, is it a free to air channel that most of France can get?

Yes its available on the French version of Freeview box, 

Its great its on there but there doesn't seem to be any excitement or interest from the channel 

4 hours ago, barnyia said:

Saturday the live game has been pushed to Sunday to show motor racing repeat and a cycle race, then a chat show about ligue 1

I'm not sure they'll be willing to pay the broadcast costs for the home games, I hope I'm wrong, 

Interestingly (?) I did a bit of googling about the channel and it seems that they don't really buy the rights for anything. They have a few sports they'd like to bid for but don't have the money to and the few they have paid for are all for rights "in five figures". But they are free to air so it can't hurt the Catalans being on there, even if L'Equipe aren't that enthusiastic.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

The sad reality is that Rugby League needs L'equipe a lot more than L'equipe needs Rugby League.

As such, IMO, we shouldn't be expecting them to pay, we should just be seeing whether they are prepared to cover costs or how much do they need to keep broadcasting again for the rest of the season.

This is of course assuming that some of the numbers named earlier are legitimate, but of they are, arguably SL's weekly TV audience more than doubles.

That is significant, and whilst might not mean much to Betfred or Sky, it definitely does to the likes of Dacia, Ronseal and any other multinationals involved in the game.

It also makes it easier to get a paying TV partner in a few years, especially if other channels / providers see there is a solid, consistent and large regular audience to try and entice.

PACIFIQUE TREIZE: Join the team by registering as a fan today at pacifique13.com

If they give the rights for free to l'équipe someone needs to pay the production costs of the home games, 

Also they need to show the games live and not the day after like they're doing for two out of the four games 

5 hours ago, Yakstorm said:

The sad reality is that Rugby League needs L'equipe a lot more than L'equipe needs Rugby League.

As such, IMO, we shouldn't be expecting them to pay, we should just be seeing whether they are prepared to cover costs or how much do they need to keep broadcasting again for the rest of the season.

This is of course assuming that some of the numbers named earlier are legitimate, but of they are, arguably SL's weekly TV audience more than doubles.

That is significant, and whilst might not mean much to Betfred or Sky, it definitely does to the likes of Dacia, Ronseal and any other multinationals involved in the game.

It also makes it easier to get a paying TV partner in a few years, especially if other channels / providers see there is a solid, consistent and large regular audience to try and entice.

At the moment here NRL and Super League is shown live. The first on Bein Sport (pay channel) and the other on L'Equpie (free to air). I presume its given freely by the two competitions who believe that it adds something to sponsors/advertisers value across the globe.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

On 12/08/2020 at 10:21, barnyia said:

The first game was a bloke with Giles dumas and the cas game a woman with Giles dumas, decent commentary, Giles gives good comments but as a one tone boring voice, 

No idea if it`s the same woman, but one of the commentators for last year`s French women`s final was Jessika Guehaseim who`s also a player with XIII Provencal-Caumont.

One problem with French RL on TV is that with so little of it historically there aren`t regular pathways for people to hone their commentary skills through. When an opportunity like this opens up, the commentators and pundits will be selected ad hoc.

45 minutes ago, barnyia said:

No it wasn't her. It was a short haired lady. She did well except for saying it's a shame there's no scrums as the catalans are dominant in the scrums. 

Candice Roland is her name, just found it 

There`s quite a number of French women RL players I`d like to see more of for various reasons.

Personal favourites are Menduha Kirazli and Sophie Nguyen at Lyon Villeurbanne. I would like to stress this is primarily about RL. If either went to RU I`d instantly go right off them.

21 minutes ago, unapologetic pedant said:

If either went to RU I`d instantly go right off them.

Pepe you are definitely starting to sound like some uncouth Rugby League type, there are much nicer ways you could have worded that. Say  " I would less likely to have found them as interesting ", your hanging around a bad crowd.

By the way `Nguyen` sounds Vietnamese, hmmm....interesting.......in footy shorts and the long black hair.

9 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

Pepe you are definitely starting to sound like some uncouth Rugby League type, there are much nicer ways you could have worded that. Say  " I would less likely to have found them as interesting ", your hanging around a bad crowd.

By the way `Nguyen` sounds Vietnamese, hmmm....interesting.......in footy shorts and the long black hair.

You should check out the Facebook page "VVRL XIII - Vaulx en Velin Rugby League XIII".

They did a lockdown video in April. You won`t find Sophie and Menduha too hard to pick out.

2 minutes ago, unapologetic pedant said:

You should check out the Facebook page "VVRL XIII - Vaulx en Velin Rugby League XIII".

They did a lockdown video in April. You won`t find Sophie and Menduha too hard to pick out.

I will first thing tomorrow. Bonne nuit.  

3 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

I will first thing tomorrow. Bonne nuit.  

On a football note, Sophie Nguyen was playing at hooker for LVR before the virus struck. From the bit of footage of their games I`ve seen, she was looking a much better player there than the positions she`d played previously. A lot of players can successfully move to no. 9, as they gain more experience and read the game better.

Problem with French women`s RL currently is that apart from LVR, Deesses Catalanes, and Toulouse Ovalie, most of the other teams are fairly poor. There`s nowhere near enough regular competitive games for the players to improve.

On 13/08/2020 at 22:54, barnyia said:

No it wasn't her. It was a short haired lady. She did well except for saying it's a shame there's no scrums as the catalans are dominant in the scrums. 

Candice Roland is her name, just found it 

Commentators were Candice Rolland and ex French captain Gilles Dumas. Candice Rolland, la pionera en narrar partidos de selecciones

7 hours ago, The Daddy said:

L'Equipe 'very satisfied' with Catalan viewing figures. 

https://treizemondial.fr/les-dragons-catalans-donnent-des-premiers-chiffres-daudience/

Time to pay up 

Even though he didn`t play you can`t tell me that the hype around Folau didn`t hurt this great result.

Especially given McManus`s admission the other day that Folau`s admission into your comp. would have been blocked if the club bosses had of been allowed to vote on it

Bring on an Independent Commission to run your game.

7 hours ago, The Rocket said:

Even though he didn`t play you can`t tell me that the hype around Folau didn`t hurt this great result.

Especially given McManus`s admission the other day that Folau`s admission into your comp. would have been blocked if the club bosses had of been allowed to vote on it

Bring on an Independent Commission to run your game.

Absolutely, in hindsight it would've been a huge mistake to have prevented Folau from signing for the Dragons. Could you imagine if the clubs had the power to veto another clubs signings? As you say, an independent commission running SL is way overdue 

1 minute ago, The Daddy said:

Absolutely, in hindsight it would've been a huge mistake to have prevented Folau from signing for the Dragons. Could you imagine if the clubs had the power to veto another clubs signings? As you say, an independent commission running SL is way overdue 

I understand that he was controversial and therefore a risk however if he gave assurances to the Dragons, why not ? They say the mistake that union made over here was that after his first out burst that when they renewed his contract they never put in any clause regards his behaviour and took him at his word. Mistake. And they couldn`t get rid of him without the bunfight that ensued.

The other thing that bothered me was that the clubs might block it out of self interest (on the above pretext) if they thought the Dragons might be getting a game breaker. Which I think they have and next year as well.

Anyway, great figures for Catalans, bit of publicity and who knows.

On 11/08/2020 at 08:54, The Rocket said:

Said to the wife yesterday in passing,  I think I am going to track down a Catalans Dragons jumper, I only have to say these things once, I know she will be onto it and surprise me at Christmas. Go the Dragons - both sides of the equator.

If Madame comes up trumps, will this jersey be personalised on the back? - Monsieur Le Rocket, Marquis de Rocket...

Archived