Tevita Pangai Jr likely to be sacked by the Brisbane Broncos

Tevita Pangai Jnr has been issued with a breach of contract notice by Brisbane Broncos, for his blatant violation of Covid 19 protocols, and for bringing the reputation of the club into disrepute. (The latter charge is because of his association with the Mongols bikie gang). He is almost certain to have his lucrative contract torn up by the club.

Pangai will lose his AU$650,000 a year contract, which would have lasted until the end of 2022. He will also face a penalty of a substantial fine by the NRL.

Although Pangai had reportedly called Sydney Roosters Chairman Nick Politis recently, expressing his interest in joining the defending premiers, neither Politis nor coach Trent Robinson is likely to be interested in signing him, given what he has just done. It is hard for me to see any other NRL club being interested in signing him, given his terrible disciplinary record (4 appearances before the NRL judiciary in 14 months), and his unsavory off field associations. But I could be wrong on that, given the shortage of playing talent at several NRL clubs, such as Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs. But if he is signed, he won’t be able to command anywhere near the salary he was on at the Broncos.

As Fox League commentator James Hooper put it, “You can’t put brains into statues.” Pangai’s  decision to attend the Mongols barber shop opening has been a dreadful act of career self mutilation by the 24 year old forward. Probably only the alleged taking of performance enhancing steroids by Cronulla’s star centre Bronson Xerri, now stood down, is a more extreme example of such a career damaging blunder by a top player in recent times.

It was only last week NRL 360 were saying he was shopping himself around other clubs . I don’t know where his head is , he’s a really good player , potentially a superstar player but recent times have just been illdiscipline , self destruction and a shadow of himself on the paddock . I’d say he needs a new gig somewhere 

54 minutes ago, Manfred Mann said:

Tevita Pangai Jnr has been issued with a breach of contract notice by Brisbane Broncos, for his blatant violation of Covid 19 protocols, and for bringing the reputation of the club into disrepute. (The latter charge is because of his association with the Mongols bikie gang). He is almost certain to have his lucrative contract torn up by the club.

Pangai will lose his AU$650,000 a year contract, which would have lasted until the end of 2022. He will also face a penalty of a substantial fine by the NRL.

Although Pangai had reportedly called Sydney Roosters Chairman Nick Politis recently, expressing his interest in joining the defending premiers, neither Politis nor coach Trent Robinson is likely to be interested in signing him, given what he has just done. It is hard for me to see any other NRL club being interested in signing him, given his terrible disciplinary record (4 appearances before the NRL judiciary in 14 months), and his unsavory off field associations. But I could be wrong on that, given the shortage of playing talent at several NRL clubs, such as Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs. But if he is signed, he won’t be able to command anywhere near the salary he was on at the Broncos.

As Fox League commentator James Hooper put it, “You can’t put brains into statues.” Pangai’s  decision to attend the Mongols barber shop opening has been a dreadful act of career self mutilation by the 24 year old forward. Probably only the alleged taking of performance enhancing steroids by Cronulla’s star centre Bronson Xerri, now stood down, is a more extreme example of such a career damaging blunder by a top player in recent times.

Off to CATALAN DRAGONS then LOL:)

Paul

1 hour ago, Manfred Mann said:

So the only question I have is....why do you hate the guy so much? This is the second thread in as many days you've started about this story. 

16 hours ago, Manfred Mann said:

Probably only the alleged taking of performance enhancing steroids by Cronulla’s star centre Bronson Xerri, now stood down, is a more extreme example of such a career damaging blunder by a top player in recent times.

Personally I would place a player having sex with a schoolgirl he met on an official club visit to be worse but I guess we all have a different moral spectrum. 

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

3 hours ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

So the only question I have is....why do you hate the guy so much? This is the second thread in as many days you've started about this story. 

I don't hate this man. I am just reporting on his serious anti-social behaviour. It is not every day that the police notify your employer of your bad behaviour. Why are you so concerned about reading unfavourable news that I report about this man?. Is he a friend or relative of yours?

You ask why I have started a second thread about this man in a short period of time. The reason is that the story has changed since my last thread. The Brisbane Broncos have issued a notice of breach of contract. That wasn't the case two days ago. 

5 hours ago, Manfred Mann said:

A more extreme example of a career damaging blunder is what Barba did

5 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

He’ll get signed by someone in the NRL. 

Not for this year. The August 3 deadline has passed for new NRL signings. Tevita Pangai Jr will not play another NRL game this year.

Maybe it is not too late for him to be signed by a Super League club for the remainder of this year.

The question is whether another NRL club will sign him for 2021.

Pangai has just been suspended by the NRL indefinitely, and fined AU$30,000.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/08/12/pangai-fined-$30000-stood-down-indefinitely/?utm_source=NRLEmail_Top5&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2020Premiership&utm_content=Article_1100441

The Sydney Roosters coach Trent Robinson, who had pursued Pangai's signature last year, has said flat out that Pangai "would not fit the mould" at the Roosters. Melbourne Storm coach Craig Bellamy  has also said that he was not interested.

13 hours ago, Manfred Mann said:

I don't hate this man. I am just reporting on his serious anti-social behaviour. It is not every day that the police notify your employer of your bad behaviour. Why are you so concerned about reading unfavourable news that I report about this man?. Is he a friend or relative of yours?

You ask why I have started a second thread about this man in a short period of time. The reason is that the story has changed since my last thread. The Brisbane Broncos have issued a notice of breach of contract. That wasn't the case two days ago. 

Okay so presumably you'll have started a thread along the lines of  Warning to Super League clubs and NRL clubs : beware of  <insert player name>!

for every other player who's ever had a misdemeanour publicised? Just seemed a very scathing attack IMO. 

Overall, I agree he didn't something he shouldn't and he'll rightly be punished. 

13 hours ago, Manfred Mann said:

What I don't understand is why you are warning clubs about signing Pangai and yet when Corey Harawira-Naera and Jayden Okunbor were sacked you were touting them as great talents being available. 

Just seems a little random.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

11 hours ago, Dunbar said:

What I don't understand is why you are warning clubs about signing Pangai and yet when Corey Harawira-Naera and Jayden Okunbor were sacked you were touting them as great talents being available. 

And also a very personal and unnecessary attack on a young kid who's made some individually minor mistakes.

I am sorry gentlemen, but the player in question, Tevita Pangai Jr., has a very bad record of bad behavior over an extended period of time. First, he has a record of on field infringements involving the NRL judiciary, many if not all of them violent, which have seen him suspended four times in 14 months, and have had him spending a total of three months on the sideline. Second he has been guilty of multiple violations of the NRL protocols regarding Covid 19 over several weeks. Third, one of his Covid 19 violations involved him going to a barber shop, without any intention of getting a haircut, where the premises were associated with an alleged criminal organization. This last action was considered serious enough that the Queensland police informed the NRL of his behavior. 

So I am not picking on some persecuted choir boy. Tevita Pangai Jr. is a man who has been making a lot of bad decisions on and off the field over a long time. Most telling in terms of judging him is the fact that the Roosters  coach, Trent Robinson, who had approached Pangai last year to try to sign him for the premiers, immediately stated that he now had no interest in the player, whom he said would “not fit the mould ” of players at the Roosters.

On 12/08/2020 at 04:58, Dunbar said:

No. The two Canterbury players were guilty of one off field offense each. Tevita Pangai Jr. has been guilty of multiple offenses on and off the field over a period of more than one year. See my post above.

Archived