Radlinski: Time to pull together

Warriors News

Executive director Kris Radlinski has praised Wigan Warriors fans for their messages of support on the day the Club opened the platform for season ticket holders to confirm their credit options for the 2020 season.

Following the Warriors’ email to season ticket holders on Friday confirming the credit options available to 2020 season ticket holders, the Club have tonight (Wednesday 12th August) opened up the platform for which fans can submit how they’d like their season ticket money to be processed, whether that be a donation to the Club, a credit option or a refund due to the Covid-19 crisis.

Speaking about the next step of the process, Radlinski said: “First and foremost, I’d like to reiterate how humbled and grateful we have been by our fans’ response and patience throughout the coronavirus crisis. Internally, we have been working on a process that is easy for fans to interpret, for them to participate in and one that with a limited number of staff available to us as a Club and at the DW Stadium Ticket Office, is efficient and streamlined enough to put into action.  

“In my previous correspondents to our fans I stated how important the financial contribution and sacrifice will be for the Club moving forward. The response of fans who have kindly been in touch since that email has been phenomenal, which only goes to confirm what I have learned as a player – and now in my role as executive director – that our fanbase really are the Loyal 18.

“Myself, Head Coach Adrian Lam and Club Captain Sean O’Loughlin have been in discussions with our Marketing and Communications team throughout this process and the one thing we have all wanted to convey is how our players – from the senior squad down to our youth teams – are extremely proud and touched by how our fan base and town have pulled together in a time of shared hardship across the community. This senior leadership group believe this collective act of generosity can act as constant inspiration to the playing group, alongside a permanent reminder of the Fan Wall, which will be installed at our Robin Park Arena training facility – in the indoor running track where our players walk past every single day.

“I think it’s a powerful example of how close and tight-knit we are as a Club and as a community that our players want to use this time of adversity to get closer to our supporters and personally, I will work hard to make sure it’s spectacular and worthy of the commitment and generosity of our fans to become be a constant reminder and point of reference for years to come. 

“It’s imperative that those fans who feel they can help us as a Club are made to feel that their selfless contribution is not only acknowledged, but is woven into the fabric of who we are as a Club and what we do as an organisation. We are also working on an exclusive Fan Appreciation Shirt that the players will wear on a day-to-day basis that has every fan’s name included in the design, and not only that, we are building an exciting project of rewarding those fans who go the extra mile with exclusive offers, content and events all to be rolled out for the 2021 season.  

“Our priority though is navigating this crisis – a crisis that throws up different challenges every day. The sport is working tirelessly to fight through an ever-changing environment and we have shown real togetherness, compromise and adaptability to do so already. To continue to fight this fight, it’s inspiring to know that we have the Cherry and White army firmly behind us!”

For more information on the platform for season ticket holders and the options they can take, view Kris Radlinski’s email in full here or click here to visit the portal and enter your details.

The post Radlinski: Time to pull together appeared first on Wigan Warriors Blog.

View the full article

Archived