Sun 16 Aug: SL: Wigan Warriors v Leeds Rhinos KO 6.30pm (Sky Sports)

Who will win?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Leeds Rhinos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/08/20 at 18:00

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, wilsontown said:

Must admit me and my mate watching in the pub thought he was a clear yard offside. Not the best angle but seemed clear enough. Surprised when the VR gave a try.

Could I just say it was a bit like the foot in touch.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

It it just me or is the coaching role at Wigan prematurely ageing Adrian Lam wit his greybeard.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

18 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Cuthbertson was impressive for Wigan 

Live by the sword, perish by the sword

Off loads are ok if they come off...

Both sides had similar stats.  Neither were brilliant. Generally as I remember it Wigan made few errors on either try line.  Some individual Leeds players looked useful but Hurrell seems over rated to me.

I enjoyed it, and thought both sides showed glimpses of talent. I really like our back line, they are so flash. I still think our pack could be much better and fitter, but I like the tactic if giving the ball to Farrell as often as possible. One thing that puzzles me about Leeds is why they don’t simply give Hurrell the ball every time they get close to the opposition line. 

1 hour ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

I enjoyed it, and thought both sides showed glimpses of talent. I really like our back line, they are so flash. I still think our pack could be much better and fitter, but I like the tactic if giving the ball to Farrell as often as possible. One thing that puzzles me about Leeds is why they don’t simply give Hurrell the ball every time they get close to the opposition line. 

why - maybe because he either knocks on or passes to touch 50% of the time... maybe more.

when he battering-rams his way through it can be exciting but his overall play, not least defence positioning is very poor...

2 hours ago, MyMrsWouldPreferSinfield said:

Nah, no Rhinos player tried to deliberately concuss the Wigan lad. No comparison.

Hicks is useless not biased, he makes a mess regardless.

I was going to ask you to explain that post, but I'm not sure that even you know what you are talking about.

29 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

HE DOES NOT!

Careful David I said that a couple of weeks ago, and it was denied by some of our Leeds friends.

His career has never really fulfilled its potential unfortunately . The Hurrelicane that burst onto the scene in Auckland gradually blew itself out over time , which is a shame as he’s a great character . He should be at his peak in the NRL but his errors ,ill discipline and inconsistency cost him in the environment there where these things aren’t tolerated 

13 hours ago, DavidM said:

Jesus , Cuthbertson tonight

Give allowances David, these new rules make this a young man's game now, because of the speed and intensity of the NRL we don't see to many mid thirty somethings, over here no leaning together in the excuse we have for scrums these days and the six again will have quite a few players retiring earlier or moving down a division than we have had previously.

7 hours ago, BrisbaneRhino said:

Cuthbertson's offloads are generally just that - just dropping the ball on the floor. No control at all.  I know a lot of Leeds fans like him but he's always been an underpowered prop, and if the offloads don't work he's barely championship standard.  

mmm from my observations over the few years he has been playing here is that the off loads mainly go into another Leeds player .... when he fails the off-load they go to ground yes, because it failed... normally they go to hand.

His biggest problem was doing off-loads in risky area's.

Yep he doesn't have the traditional prop power but at his best he always put defence on the back foot with quick play the balls... and need for extra tacklers to prevent off loads... despite the extra tacklers he still gets quick play the ball.

Yes he is past his best now...  

I didn't think Wigan were anything special yesterday and but for some dropped balls and creative direction in the final third Leeds would have been able to win. 

Cuthbertson had a bit of a nightmare last 20/30 minutes but otherwise no one was particularly bad. Prior's offload for the first Leeds try was awesome. Hurrell seemed to try do too much at times but had some good moments. Mclelland kept having to run the ball in which I'm not sure if it was a (poor) tactic or just him trying to prove himself. 

9 minutes ago, arcticchris said:

Far from a classic. We were way off our best yet in the end won comfortably.

In many ways, it fell short of either coach's ideal performance, but I still found it entertaining and exciting.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

20 hours ago, arcticchris said:

Far from a classic. We were way off our best yet in the end won comfortably.

I suppose Wigan's try from offside,  made up for Leeds's first when Briscoe had a foot in touch.  The officials don't improve do they?

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

1 hour ago, Trojan said:

I suppose Wigan's try from offside,  made up for Leeds's first when Briscoe had a foot in touch.  The officials don't improve do they?

After watching them miss the forward pass for Widdop's try for Warrington, nothing is surprising.

Archived