Sat 15 Aug: SL: Huddersfield Giants v Warrington Wolves KO 6.30pm (Sky Sports)

Who will win?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Huddersfield Giants
    • Warrington Wolves

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/08/20 at 18:00

If he is sent off that is ridiculous.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Cheshire Setter said:

Listening on the radio. What’s the big controversy?

Well,  most of us think there's nothing wrong with it, phil Clarke is now spouting its a red card 

English dropped a level running the ball in. He didn't attack his head, he didnt get stepped, this is just an unfortunate accident 

Just now, EastLondonMike said:

Are we thinking send off?

Ref obviously didn't see the shoulder contact with the head, and even though i don't think it was intentional by BMM, i think he might have to go.

He's hit him high, with the shoulder, and knocked him out.

I'm thinking it's a red, intentional or not that is a horrible hit and the player is very seriously injured. 

1 minute ago, Cheshire Setter said:

Listening on the radio. What’s the big controversy?

Ben Murdoch-Masila made contact with his head in a tackle. One person on here is saying it was a deliberate assault; everyone else (here and on TV) is saying it wasn't.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, EastLondonMike said:

Are we thinking send off?

Ref obviously didn't see the shoulder contact with the head, and even though i don't think it was intentional by BMM, i think he might have to go.

He's hit him high, with the shoulder, and knocked him out.

Maybe on the protocols but I didn’t think there was any intent there and that was an unfortunate collision 

To be honest I think 10 minutes is harsh.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Just now, Barry Badrinath said:

Well,  most of us think there's nothing wrong with it, phil Clarke is now spouting its a red card 

English dropped a level running the ball in. He didn't attack his head, he didnt get stepped, this is just an unfortunate accident 

If English dropped down how is Murdoch-Manila supposed to pre-empt that and lower his arm to level below where it would normally be?

Just now, DavidM said:

Maybe on the protocols but I didn’t think there was any intent there and that was an unfortunate collision 

Agree, i don't think there was intent. BUT, high tackle, with the shoulder, and he's knocked him into the middle of next week, and not likely to come back. It has to be red.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

3 minutes ago, EastLondonMike said:

Agree, i don't think there was intent. BUT, high tackle, with the shoulder, and he's knocked him into the middle of next week, and not likely to come back. It has to be red.

If that is your logic by half time most games would be abandoned due to not having enough players on the field to complete the game.

Replace the London bit in your name with SouthernJessy. 😀

This is of course a joke and not meant to be offensive.

Just now, Padge said:

If that is your logic by half time most games would be abandoned due to not having enough players on the field to complete the game.

Replace the London bit in your name with SouthernJessyy. 😀

Ha ha,.. Maybe you should change yours to Stevie Wonder 😎

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

1 minute ago, OMEGA said:

It’s a red card all day long.

its the defenders responsibility to ensure no contact with the head! BMM has made direct and heavy contact with the shoulder to the head of the attacking player.

Sending Off!

Have you actually seen what happened!!!!!!!!!

5 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

If English dropped down how is Murdoch-Manila supposed to pre-empt that and lower his arm to level below where it would normally be?

Are you suggesting that BMM is unfamiliar with how attacking forwards carry the ball into the tackle? It’s BMMs responsibility to avoid contact with the head and he is somewhat reckless here leading with the shoulder at a height likely to contact the head of the attacker!

its a red card 

2 minutes ago, OMEGA said:

Are you suggesting that BMM is unfamiliar with how attacking forwards carry the ball into the tackle? It’s BMMs responsibility to avoid contact with the head and he is somewhat reckless here leading with the shoulder at a height likely to contact the head of the attacker!

its a red card 

was not deliberate, any reasonable person can see that, If it was deliberate I am all for sending off, it wasn't so it is isn;t.

3 minutes ago, OMEGA said:

Of course I have!

Well I am totally confused by your conclusion, unless it is an inbred biased/hatred of certain teams/players.

Oscar for Austin.

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

Archived