2021 squad.

spanishknight

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, White Knight said:

Anyone seen any odds for the Championship season?

Odds on it starting? 

Odds on it been fully completed? 

I'd say

Featherstone favourites

York & Toulouse a lose 2nd favourites

London next

Widnes, Bradford, Halifax next

Anything below that owt can happen

Oldham & Whitehaven bottom 2

1 hour ago, JonT said:

Think I'd have Toulouse at top of the tree but.....will they be able to compete if there isn't a relaxation of border controls? Or do sports teams get some kind of exemption? 

The covid factor I think will impact Toulouse far too much, France in turmoil (not according to the BBC) the cross border games are going to be a nightmare to organise and keep covid free, remember here teams work in different sectors.. So someone will test positive at some stage, for me we should be playing everybody home and away if your going to use percentages for league placing, surely the season could go longer than the beginning of October, can't see P&R between super league and the championship so the championship can run to a conclusion. 

44 minutes ago, coolie said:

The covid factor I think will impact Toulouse far too much, France in turmoil (not according to the BBC) the cross border games are going to be a nightmare to organise and keep covid free, remember here teams work in different sectors.. So someone will test positive at some stage, for me we should be playing everybody home and away if your going to use percentages for league placing, surely the season could go longer than the beginning of October, can't see P&R between super league and the championship so the championship can run to a conclusion. 

The World Cup potentially interferes. Assuming that it does go ahead, a big assumption I know, there are players in the Championship such as Jones-Bishop who are targetting places in their national squads.

It is a mess but for once the RFL cannot really carry any blame.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well that’s spoiled our plan in the halves. Hope Morgan gets fully fit, even if it means he’s out for the season and comes back even stronger in 2022. No point trying to get him back earlier than necessary leading to a career of constant injuries. He’s a good half back and hopefully can still have some influence in training later on in the season. 

As for Dean, let’s see what he’s got. Hopefully a good replacement but only time will tell. Still feel we may be a half back short this season so it’ll be interesting to see if we bring anyone else in on loan later on. 

Jason Bass Fan Club - member #001

I know Riley and he's a great lad. He was part of the all-conquering Siddal junior team along with Smithies & Holroyd (has a junior team ever won a Yorkshire Cup playing a year above their age group apart from them?).  He's pretty quick, got a great step, pass and rugby brain.  He's also very confident in his ability.  He also used to be a great goal kicker at junior level - he'd spend hours practicing after training.  He's also brave - anyone remember him knocking down a rampaging Seb Tai in his first Warrington game as a 17 year-old?  He's obviously less experienced than Smith and is very much a 6.  I'm sure he'll do really well for the Knights, but it's a big ask for him to steer the team around for a full season after only a couple of Super League outings. 

13 hours ago, Toby The Tram said:

Well that’s spoiled our plan in the halves. Hope Morgan gets fully fit, even if it means he’s out for the season and comes back even stronger in 2022. No point trying to get him back earlier than necessary leading to a career of constant injuries. He’s a good half back and hopefully can still have some influence in training later on in the season. 

As for Dean, let’s see what he’s got. Hopefully a good replacement but only time will tell. Still feel we may be a half back short this season so it’ll be interesting to see if we bring anyone else in on loan later on. 

Still got Matty marsh as a proven quality halfback , leaving a more than capable Jason bass and kieron Dixon to move to fullback , plus as you say others will be available to buy or loan , up the resilient kneets 😀😀😀

16 hours ago, Fax Knight said:

He's obviously less experienced than Smith and is very much a 6.  I'm sure he'll do really well for the Knights, but it's a big ask for him to steer the team around for a full season after only a couple of Super League outings. 

Probably worth pointing out what the York social media and website story have signally failed to do - that this season-long loan has a two-week recall clause (which is part of the headline on the Warrington website). He's probably going to be 2 Warrington injuries away from a recall all season, which is part of the downside of DR/loans, though again, there are likely to be other halves that become available for loan too as the season goes on.

5 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Probably worth pointing out what the York social media and website story have signally failed to do - that this season-long loan has a two-week recall clause (which is part of the headline on the Warrington website). He's probably going to be 2 Warrington injuries away from a recall all season, which is part of the downside of DR/loans, though again, there are likely to be other halves that become available for loan too as the season goes on.

It’s in the press

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

7 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

We might have been interested in chizzy , oh sorry forgot He's not good enough😁😁😁

11 hours ago, georgeb1 said:

We might have been interested in chizzy , oh sorry forgot He's not good enough😁😁😁

Careful, you're starting to sound like some Bulls fans about Chizzy, it's almost like people don't like another team's half back ripping them apart...

Anyway, not sure what the touchiness is about, I was only pointing out something potentially quite important that hadn't been mentioned on here. I think the lad's a good player and he might do very well for you, but I was surprised that York didn't tell their fans about the two-week recall clause.

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Careful, you're starting to sound like some Bulls fans about Chizzy, it's almost like people don't like another team's half back ripping them apart...

Anyway, not sure what the touchiness is about, I was only pointing out something potentially quite important that hadn't been mentioned on here. I think the lad's a good player and he might do very well for you, but I was surprised that York didn't tell their fans about the two-week recall clause.

It was in the Press about the recall clause the day he was signed, so can't see what your moaning about.

17 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

It was in the Press about the recall clause the day he was signed, so can't see what your moaning about.

1. I'm not moaning.
2. You yourself announced it as a season-long loan on here and said nothing about the 2-week recall clause, nor did anyone else.

I wasn't trolling, I think York are a great club. It was just a potentially important detail.

29 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

1. I'm not moaning.
2. You yourself announced it as a season-long loan on here and said nothing about the 2-week recall clause, nor did anyone else.

I wasn't trolling, I think York are a great club. It was just a potentially important detail.

Definitely not hidden

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

Archived