Robbed by Sky

Maybe a bit drama queen but I've lost money.

I normally buy a day pass from Now to watch a Leeds match when I'm at home. A bought a week pass to watch last Sunday's match and Leeds v Wigan on Saturday. Sky have moved the match since last weekend to Sunday. To watch it will effectively cost me £15 extra. Not happy. 

1 hour ago, John Rhino said:

I normally buy a day pass from Now to watch a Leeds match when I'm at home. A bought a week pass to watch last Sunday's match and Leeds v Wigan on Saturday. Sky have moved the match since last weekend to Sunday. To watch it will effectively cost me £15 extra. Not happy. 

More robbed by SL mate, the fixture changes are on the League.

chase sky up, they usually help just to keep customers. but best leave till a couple of days before the games you want. £15 seems a lot for a game on sky. for the cost of a game a week at £15, you could get a full sky sports package with everything else also.

2 hours ago, John Rhino said:

I normally buy a day pass from Now to watch a Leeds match when I'm at home. A bought a week pass to watch last Sunday's match and Leeds v Wigan on Saturday. Sky have moved the match since last weekend to Sunday. To watch it will effectively cost me £15 extra. 

You havent been robbed by Sky, it's SL who have agreed to move the games. On the face if it Sky are being very reasonable given we have just unilaterally cut 33% of their RL coverage at short notice.

The fixture changes were announced yesterday, have you rung Sky in the last 24 hours to ask about switching your pass to Sunday and what did they say?

9 hours ago, kev p said:

chase sky up, they usually help just to keep customers. but best leave till a couple of days before the games you want. £15 seems a lot for a game on sky. for the cost of a game a week at £15, you could get a full sky sports package with everything else also.

Agree with that.I paid £22 for full SKY Sports and when it went through i got a £5 discount  so only pay £17.Hovever you can't have SKY Sports as a stand alone channel so probably another £16/£18 for Entertainment.

29 minutes ago, Eddie said:

You need to speak to Now TV,  not Sky. Regardless it’s nothing to do with them, it’s annoying but you’ll probably have to suck it up. 

Now TV is owned by Sky

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

6 hours ago, paulwalker71 said:

Why don't you just phone up Now TV and ask them if they would kindly transfer your one-day pass to the Sunday instead?

Its a weekly pass. Sunday to Sunday to take in the Leeds game on a Sunday and the next one on a Saturday which has now been moved to Sunday beyond my pass. 

Weekly pass has now cost me £15 for one game and another £10 for the next one. 

Why should Sky or Now or anyone else extend my weekly pass by a day? 

Hi John Rhino,

I was the same as you with a weeks Now TV pass and was somewhat fuming until i decided to contact Now TV Chat text - which is hard to find but persevere.

The chap came to the conclusion, after i asked if I could exchange the remaining 3 days of my weekly pass to a one day on the Sunday instead, that i was a valued customer ( I do use Now TV a dozen or so times a year, normally through a day pass), and he gave me a free one day credit for the Sunday game against Wigan.

Try it, and good luck.

MOT - Mike

I could find out but I'm too lazy,  but I've struggled to pay Sky for RL suspecting that 95%? of any monthly input goes to Football which I think is big enough and rich enough to look after itself.  Have I got it all wrong? I do support RL by having a season ticket and drinking beer at a local pub. Sometimes it drink beer without an RL input but.......

TESTICULI AD  BREXITAM.

10 minutes ago, corvusxiii said:

I could find out but I'm too lazy,  but I've struggled to pay Sky for RL suspecting that 95%? of any monthly input goes to Football which I think is big enough and rich enough to look after itself.  Have I got it all wrong? I do support RL by having a season ticket and drinking beer at a local pub. Sometimes it drink beer without an RL input but.......

Depends how proactive you are. I have the same moral issues re subsidising soccer but counter it by doing my best to watch every single SL game on Sky, regardless of how bad it is, and by never ever watching any soccer match (I do not find this a challenge).  Must admit I'm unclear how Sky works out who watches what though and I have never had a call from Sky asking "what RL/Soccer/Snail Racing did you watch this week?".

When I renew my Sky the tele agent will always tell me about the amazing Champions League or whatever soccer comp, at which point I always explain that I only have Sky Sports for the RL and absolutely nothing else. They tend to be Scottish and haven't a clue what RL is so this throws them off script and their sales pitch quickly goes out the window. I can then talk to them like real people and by being polite and pleasant I always get a fair deal. Hopefully I get a RL tick in the box for that, but I realise they still probably tick me off as yet another soccer fan signed up in their post-call data entry.

When football restarted we were choked with free viewing of matches on all sorts of Channels , when Rugby League restarted we have had , up to now , one match on skysportsmix , who`s fault Skys or the RFL for not trying hard enough to get some games (even one per week ) on free to air .

1 hour ago, Hela Wigmen said:

My word. “Subsidising soccer” is a new one on me. Some special breeds in Rugby League. 

Given the vastly higher rate of soccer coverage compared to every other sport on Sky, apart from maybe golf, then I'd say most fans who don't watch it are subsidising soccer. If you are a soccer fan then Sky Sports offers you a better deal than other sports.

55 minutes ago, Whippet13 said:

Given the vastly higher rate of soccer coverage compared to every other sport on Sky, apart from maybe golf, then I'd say most fans who don't watch it are subsidising soccer. If you are a soccer fan then Sky Sports offers you a better deal than other sports.

It's not soccer in general, it's the premier league in particularly that all other sports fans subsidise. 

Sky pays 1.25 bln pounds a year for Premier League rights. The rights for EFL football, cricket, union, league, darts and NFL all added together come to about 600 mln pounds. 

So if we only had to pay for what we watched, anyone who doesn't watch PL could expect to pay half of what a PL watcher does. But we don't, we basically pay the same. So yes, non premier league watchers do definitely subsidise those that do.

And it right annoys me! I pay for NFL gamepass and would happily do the same for league and cricket if it was available. 

Do non football watching Sky subscibers subsidise football? I'm not sure. How many subscribers don't watch EPL, pure guess  but I'll be surprised if it's more than 10- 15%. So individually yes people who don't watch it pay a large majority percentage of their subscription to Sky's football coverage,  but there's not enough of these folks to say they collectively subsidise it.

Here's the rub, if Sky offered a reduced cost package to non football fans, and it was taken up by RL fans among others,  mathematically Sky's income would drop, okay, but Sky's appetite for showing EPL and other football wouldn't,  so to keep showing football and getting the EPL packages they need to keep subscribers cutbacks might occur elsewhere to other sports coverage. Could be a case of non football fans cutting their own throats.  Only football,  F1, golf and cricket are safe on Sky, all others are dispensable, oh maybe NFL. The moral of the tale is, if you want Sky to continue operating at a level to able to indulge itself in sports other than the big four,  then it needs watchers of as many sports as possible to chip in. Of course if Sky lost RL to say BT, then it would be get lost Sky, hello BT.

1 hour ago, JohnM said:

I'm a rugby league fan. I've been robbed by the BBC. I subsidise snooker, Sue Barker,  The One Show etc as I pay the licence that finances these things but have no interest for me.

Lot of over 75s suddenly subsidising Gary Lineker et al .

Archived