FEV OUT

tms

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just need Leigh to decline now and then the RFL can finally announce that the winner gets a Super League place

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Barrow are  apparently entering according to their facebook page😱 Here is the article

Barrow Raiders held a board meeting tonight and have decided that they will play in the 125-year cup competition. The board recognised that the competition will cost the club money, especially for COVID testing, and the easy option was not to play. The board feel that their primary responsibility is ensuring a solvent club but we believe that entering the competition does not put the club at risk. We have all worked very hard to put the club in a strong financial position and we feel that we owe it to our fans, sponsors and the town to do our absolute best to try to get rugby back underway. We are also sending a message that Barrow Raiders is a well run club able to prosper even in the most difficult of circumstances.

17 minutes ago, Chris Taylor said:

Maybe this should have been a pre-season tournament, and to gear up ready for next season.

No.  Crazy idea.  Suddenly we move to a better part of 40 games season in 2021.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

7 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

But we will anyway with friendlies

Yeah, I know Fev like to play a boatload of friendlies to cash in on bar sales but not many clubs play more than two or three.   To make this hypothetical competition credible, you'd be talking about - what - six at least ?  Maybe more ?  The players would be bu99ered before the season started.

Plus - we should be seeing this Hull FC outbreak as a bit of a reality check.  As G Adams once said, it hasn't gone away, you know.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

How can Championship teams realistically play in a tournament that means nothing with largely part time players after what has just happened at Hull. It's ridiculous and should be cancelled. I'd have loved to see Championship rugby this year but it's just not feasible, I don't even think SL is feasible in a country that hasnt taken the virus seriously and is nowhere near rid of it.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

It looks like it's just Leigh, Bradford, Barrow, Batley and Dewsbury left.

Since the RFL said it needed a minimum of eight, which presumably means it will be abandoned. In the circumstances, and bearing in mind what happened at Hull, I think that would be best for all concerned, to be honest.

3 minutes ago, paulwalker71 said:

It looks like it's just Leigh, Bradford, Barrow, Batley and Dewsbury left.

Since the RFL said it needed a minimum of eight, which presumably means it will be abandoned. In the circumstances, and bearing in mind what happened at Hull, I think that would be best for all concerned, to be honest.

Have Batley actually said 'yes', as I've only seen 'hope to' in anything official from the club?

Archived