FEV OUT

tms

2 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

So you expected a club who is doing rather well out of not playing and not paying staff because the taxpayer is doing, to come out and say thats why they didn't want to play??? Then ask fans/sponsors not to request refunds. Check whats in your water BSJ. New contracts tend to start in November/December, furlough finishes in October - the plan must have been a weeks tick n pass in November and on with the season week 2 to maximise furlough

You are doing your PA job for Derek very well Sweaty - I hope that he pays you well.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Championship have just gone with 2021 which seems rather new

I meant for you.  

October's a lot less than two months away.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

5 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Where is the sweaty fella wrong like?

Assuming that clubs have no costs other than players' wages.

Furlough or not, few clubs will be rolling in cash in 2020.

1 minute ago, Griff said:

I meant for you.  

October's a lot less than two months away.

A month and a week then. By which point, schools will be open, pilot events with large numbers will have been held across Britain and Europe and we'll might even have Uncle Vlad's, sorry, the Oxford vaccine!

Just now, Tommygilf said:

A month and a week then. By which point, schools will be open, pilot events with large numbers will have been held across Britain and Europe and we'll might even have Uncle Vlad's, sorry, the Oxford vaccine!

I remain optimistic but not 100% confident.

A lot of stuff could go wrong.  Pilot events might be followed by spikes in cases.   Players could get themselves suspended for breaches of covid-19 rules.  Competitions could be decided by how much your opposition is weakened by players self isolating.   Signs are good that we could be on the way back but, equally, it could still be a shambles.   We're not out of the woods yet.

Time will tell.

1 hour ago, Griff said:

I remain optimistic but not 100% confident.

A lot of stuff could go wrong.  Pilot events might be followed by spikes in cases.   Players could get themselves suspended for breaches of covid-19 rules.  Competitions could be decided by how much your opposition is weakened by players self isolating.   Signs are good that we could be on the way back but, equally, it could still be a shambles.   We're not out of the woods yet.

Time will tell.

All of this is likely throughout 2021 too . A vaccine probably won't be ready until Dec 2021 by all accounts . Do we cancel the 2 leagues all next season too ?

3 hours ago, Anonymouse said:

All of this is likely throughout 2021 too . A vaccine probably won't be ready until Dec 2021 by all accounts . Do we cancel the 2 leagues all next season too ?

Who knows ? It's too early to say.  A fella in Manchester was telling me that he can go to work on the tram, drink at the pub and walk down the street without a mask - yet his parents can't see their granddaughter to give her a birthday card in his garden.

Unpredictable things are happening frequently. Personally, I wouldn't bet on what'll happen next week, let alone next year.

16 hours ago, Griff said:

Assuming that clubs have no costs other than players' wages.

Furlough or not, few clubs will be rolling in cash in 2020.

Staff will be furloughed, no games mean no match day costs or winning pay, no away travel costs. Sky money has been received, Sponsorship and ST money also. So what is the total of the other costs and how much revenue/profits lost?

1 hour ago, sweaty craiq said:

Staff will be furloughed, no games mean no match day costs or winning pay, no away travel costs. Sky money has been received, Sponsorship and ST money also. So what is the total of the other costs and how much revenue/profits lost?

I've no idea, Craiq.  I don't have the same access to everyone's books and records as you seem to have.

Why did we need to borrow £16m if everyone is so flush with cash ?  Surely we should be lednding money to the Government to help them out with their own debt problems.

Archived