Dear Sky Sports... Tezza and Bazza

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Phil, you never know what he's going to say, do - or wear - next!

But I'm afraid the other two just don't add anything any more.

Not everyone needs to be a smooth talker, but it's mostly clichés from them now. There must be a younger recently retired player with some personality who can add a bit of edge to it, surely?

Jammer could move straight into that role but looks like he fancies another year or two on the pitch, now he's stepped down a level. 😉

1 minute ago, Toby Chopra said:

I like Phil, you never know what he's going to say, do - or wear - next!

But I'm afraid the other two just don't add anything any more.

Not everyone needs to be a smooth talker, but it's mostly clichés from them now. There must be a younger recently retired player with some personality who can add a bit of edge to it, surely?

Jammer could move straight into that role but looks like he fancies another year or two on the pitch, now he's stepped down a level. 😉

He's going back to Oz to commentate for the NRL isnt he? 

I see Baz ‘n’ Tez as descendants of Eddie Waring’s ‘it’s a knockout’ style of commentary that portrayed rugby league as a kind of cartoon violence for comedic effect, which is not only insulting to a great sport but also about 50 years out of date. Get rid.

Interested fact.

have been watching Rugby League now for over 35 years and I have heard the phrase 'little tip on play' 1,356,289 times.

And all 1,356,289 times it was Terry O'connor who said it.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

2 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Interested fact.

have been watching Rugby League now for over 35 years and I have heard the phrase 'little tip on play' 1,356,289 times.

Quality stat

3 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Quality stat

Just embarrassing and actually quite annoying with some of their nonsense and repetitive theories 

Surely some level of intelligence would be part of the requirement rather than ‘I’ve played the game’. 

1 hour ago, Number 16 said:

Dear Sky Sports

Tezza and Bazza are inarticulate, offer only simplistic and often inane 'analysis' and are, quite frankly, an embarrassment. Please get rid (and take Phil Clarke with them). 

Yours etc

Rugby League

Think you should put your name at the end of your post lad as you definitely dont speak for RL.

Be careful what you wish for.

18 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Interested fact.

I've told you a million times - dont exaggerate!!

27 minutes ago, Rioman said:

Sky happy with what they've got. Reinforces the northern stereotype.

I'm happy with what they've got. Reinforces the Lancastrian stereotype.

😉

I like Barry and Terry. And, before anyone jumps on me, Barry and Terry are much much better than Jonathan Davies.

Rugby League is a working class game that anyone can play and enjoy watching. Like it or not' Barry and Tery are still the template that the game draws its players from.

I think that RL fans who criticise Barry and Terry are like the people of my generation who collect the Donald McGill saucy seaside postcards. They themselves would never have been common enough in the 1960's to buy one and send it to someone in their social circle (TBH, I wouldn't have done so either).

Nowadays they regard that card as a genuine historical artefact. So do I and I still love my mates who bought them at the time and who now have progressed far more than me in their careers and tastes.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Archived