New Super League Sponsor

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“As we have seen since the restart, Betfred Super League games are getting faster and harder and I know the players are grateful when they see so many pizzas to choose from after a tough 80 minutes.”

This doesn't sound true...

Healthy... 🤣

”Betfred Super League is delighted to announce a partnership with renowned pizza company Papa John’s which will include providing players with post-match food at games played behind closed doors.”

”As we have seen since the restart, Betfred Super League games are getting faster and harder and I know the players are grateful when they see so many pizzas to choose from after a tough 80 minutes.”

Noticed the inclusion of Papa Johns on recent SL highlights footage. Decent sponsor to bring on board, especially if we can build and produce some entertaining and witty content with them. Think about how well the KFC/NRL partnership worked with their sponsoring of the TRY/NO TRY big screen. Excellent work.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Good sponsor. 

Will they introduce a Super League-themed range of pizzas.

'The Wigan' - double pie barm topping

'The Catalan' - good to eat in the restaurant but doesn't like to be taken away

'The Warrington' - looks good but falls apart at the crucial moment

'The Wakefield by Michael Carter' - No toppings, just the base. This is Yorkshire, yer know.   

Etc.

No problem with this. Food which is high in fat is only really unhealthy when eaten to excess. If people play and train for a highly demanding sport, it should free them to eat more of what they want. They burn the calories off. It`s a perfectly reasonable, healthy message to send out.

Which is the happier life? - Lots of pizzas and exercise, or lettuce leaves and inertia.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

Hang on - does this 'partnership' extend much further than knocking out a few pizzas after the game? I'd like to think it does but i'm skeptical about whether any/how much money is involved in all this. Good name to have onboard I agree, but feels a bit like a quick 'we'll give you a bit of advertising if you sort us out some pizzas' rather than an actual advertising partnership.

7 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Hang on - does this 'partnership' extend much further than knocking out a few pizzas after the game? I'd like to think it does but i'm skeptical about whether any/how much money is involved in all this. Good name to have onboard I agree, but feels a bit like a quick 'we'll give you a bit of advertising if you sort us out some pizzas' rather than an actual advertising partnership.

SL would never do anything like that 😎

8 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Also it's not clear if this extends beyond the BCD period.

2 hours ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

It does appear that to me. 

Hopefully it will lead to a longer and more fruitful commercial relationship thereafter, if Papa Johns can see sufficient value generated from it.............but it does show how little commercial value we're currently able to command. 

Superleague isn't exactly in a commercially commanding position currently. Prove to them the value in aligning with our sport and then we can make those kind of requests as the partnership grows.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

5 hours ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

He has previous even before that but his issues only ever seem to be in the States. It’s a pretty untainted brand over here. Pleased to see them involved.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

2 hours ago, DoubleD said:

It does appear that to me. 

Hopefully it will lead to a longer and more fruitful commercial relationship thereafter, if Papa Johns can see sufficient value generated from it.............but it does show how little commercial value we're currently able to command. 

We literally gave the main sponsorship away for some photos on the side of trucks a few years ago.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

5 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

He has previous even before that but his issues only ever seem to be in the States. It’s a pretty untainted brand over here. Pleased to see them involved.

Yes indeed. He has form. He's long gone, now. I understand. 

6 hours ago, unapologetic pedant said:

No problem with this. Food which is high in fat is only really unhealthy when eaten to excess. If people play and train for a highly demanding sport, it should free them to eat more of what they want. They burn the calories off. It`s a perfectly reasonable, healthy message to send out. 

Which is the happier life? - Lots of pizzas and exercise, or lettuce leaves and inertia.

Im not sure that's true. Yes, calories burned > calories eaten = weight loss, but what you eat and don't eat is also important, especially when trying to maintain an elite body that athletes have to do. There's plenty of interviews out there with professional athletes who talk about how their diet is a key factor in their performance especially as they get older and how they avoid certain types of food altogether, that your average in shape person has no problem eating from time to time. 

6 minutes ago, emesssea said:

Im not sure that's true. Yes, calories burned > calories eaten = weight loss, but what you eat and don't eat is also important, especially when trying to maintain an elite body that athletes have to do. There's plenty of interviews out there with professional athletes who talk about how their diet is a key factor in their performance especially as they get older and how they avoid certain types of food altogether, that your average in shape person has no problem eating from time to time. 

Let’s refuse the sponsorship and stick to mushy peas then.

Archived