New Super League Sponsor

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Tonka said:

“As we have seen since the restart, Betfred Super League games are getting faster and harder and I know the players are grateful when they see so many pizzas to choose from after a tough 80 minutes.”

This doesn't sound true...

I'm assuming up north that tripe is the preferred pizza topping? 

18 minutes ago, DavidM said:

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with players having pizza after matches . They’re super conditioned athletes but they can relax a bit after a match . 

I agree... I'm guessing they burn through 1200 calories plus over a game so they are justified in getting the calories in

Only if they win mind. The losers should be forced to eat cold gravel 

Just now, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I agree... I'm guessing they burn through 1200 calories plus over a game so they are justified in getting the calories in

Only if they win mind. The loses should be forced to eat cold gravel 

We should play Monday Tuesday Wednesday , you get a discount 

5 hours ago, DoubleD said:

It does appear that to me. 

Hopefully it will lead to a longer and more fruitful commercial relationship thereafter, if Papa Johns can see sufficient value generated from it.............but it does show how little commercial value we're currently able to command. 

The impression you get from what ''appears'' to you, doesn't show anything at all.

57 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Only if they win mind. The losers should be forced to eat cold gravel 

Much more than 1,200 I’d have thought, you burn 800 running 10km and that’s in a much shorter time and without the sprinting and physical aspect. I reckon 2,000 at least, in the professional game. Basically they should be allowed a pizza and a few pints after the game without some coach potatoes questioning it. 

1 hour ago, Gates1 said:

Bad news for Pizza Prima in Cas, been supplying the post gane pizzas down the lane for years.

Bound to be bad news. Just surprised that we got so far into the topic before those words were actually used. 

For those of you interested in the topic of nutrition, rather than those congenitally predisposed to moaning about SL and RFL, look here.

http://www.papas-nutritional-calculator.com/

23 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Much more than 1,200 I’d have thought, you burn 800 running 10km and that’s in a much shorter time and without the sprinting and physical aspect. I reckon 2,000 at least, in the professional game. Basically they should be allowed a pizza and a few pints after the game without some coach potatoes questioning it. 

Sure theyre allowed.... but I doubt they will, the modern day athlete is pretty particular on their diet, especially in the middle of a season and weekly pizza and a few pints aren't usually part of their diet

https://www.espn.com/espnw/life-style/story/_/id/21937867/eight-top-athletes-share-their-nutrition-tricks-high-performing-new-year

2 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Let’s refuse the sponsorship and stick to mushy peas then.

No need to be so hasty, mushy peas as a pizza topping, fusion food that provides the best of both worlds.

2 hours ago, emesssea said:

Im not sure that's true. Yes, calories burned > calories eaten = weight loss, but what you eat and don't eat is also important, especially when trying to maintain an elite body that athletes have to do. There's plenty of interviews out there with professional athletes who talk about how their diet is a key factor in their performance especially as they get older and how they avoid certain types of food altogether, that your average in shape person has no problem eating from time to time. 

The question of how appropriate a sponsor is for RL relates more to the influence on the broader constituency of the game`s players and fans. Of course when a sport`s governing body accepts a sponsorship it`s elite players may be required to endorse the product. Whether they mean it is another matter. Just as with individual celebrities in commercials.

I`d be surprised if any sports nutritionist employed by NRL or SL clubs would recommend pizza in the diets of their players, but that`s no reason why players at all other levels shouldn`t partake in moderation. If someone is partial to so-called junk food there`s a greater imperative for them to join a club and get active. Better that than striving for self-denial, whilst remaining inactive.

1 hour ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Yep - my favourite topping too... with olives it's a Neopolatana or something? 

I was joking about the tripe but maybe some of the northerners here can confirm if it's nice on pizza 

I did once see tripe in a butcher`s window many moons ago. Even the sight was not for the squeamish. Probably work quite well as a Bush Tucker trial.

6 hours ago, unapologetic pedant said:

The question of how appropriate a sponsor is for RL relates more to the influence on the broader constituency of the game`s players and fans. Of course when a sport`s governing body accepts a sponsorship it`s elite players may be required to endorse the product. Whether they mean it is another matter. Just as with individual celebrities in commercials.

I`d be surprised if any sports nutritionist employed by NRL or SL clubs would recommend pizza in the diets of their players, but that`s no reason why players at all other levels shouldn`t partake in moderation. If someone is partial to so-called junk food there`s a greater imperative for them to join a club and get active. Better that than striving for self-denial, whilst remaining inactive.

Didn’t Leicester City players get pizza as a treat after games when they went on to win the premier league. I know diet is important but I think athletes are allowed breaks from them as long as they are within reason. 

Archived