New Super League Sponsor

9 hours ago, JohnM said:

Bound to be bad news. Just surprised that we got so far into the topic before those words were actually used. 

For those of you interested in the topic of nutrition, rather than those congenitally predisposed to moaning about SL and RFL, look here.

http://www.papas-nutritional-calculator.com/

Quick question. How many have looked at the calculator ? Breaks down into calories, cholesterol, fats trans or otherwise. Facts, a somewhat foreingn concept at times, might help inform the debate about the subject of nutrition.  No mention of tripe, though, nor jellied eels, nor Leigh Grand Central Railway Station. 😀

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Exactly but I’m sure you can all get help for it,well  maybe not Harry

This is a thread about SL sponsorship , nothing whatsoever anything to do with any club , let alone any non SL club , but you . Yes YOU introduce a particular club into the discussion , I'd say that is both pathetic and obsessive 

Looks like you'll be joining the ignore crew 

In all seriousness what is the whinging about. They're a relatively well known company (though not the biggest) associating itself with the sport. It might not be for loads of money, but lets be honest that's our fault not their's for our lower market rate. 

7 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

In all seriousness what is the whinging about. They're a relatively well known company (though not the biggest) associating itself with the sport. It might not be for loads of money, but lets be honest that's our fault not their's for our lower market rate. 

It’s RL and it’s what RL fans do best unfortunately.

Why is takeaway pizza so expensive in the UK? A pizza from my local Dominos costs £2.5 for a basics like pepperoni, Margherita, vegetarian, beef and onion  etc up to £8 for their more expensive options with camembert cheese, seafood etc

22 minutes ago, Copa said:

Why is takeaway pizza so expensive in the UK? A pizza from my local Dominos costs £2.5 for a basics like pepperoni, Margherita, vegetarian, beef and onion  etc up to £8 for their more expensive options with camembert cheese, seafood etc

Domino's is just expensive by UK standards. Normal pizzerias and takeaways are cheaper.

23 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Domino's is just expensive by UK standards. Normal pizzerias and takeaways are cheaper.

Why is Domino's so expensive? never had one mind..too expensive.

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

2 hours ago, Copa said:

I got one from local pizza joint ( not dominoes ) for 9.60 with delivery . I mean Jesus I nearly ate the box as well to get value for money 

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

I got one from local pizza joint ( not dominoes ) for 9.60 with delivery . I mean Jesus I nearly ate the box as well to get value for money 

That’s because they do them fancy jam topped ones in Wukinton !

2 hours ago, Southerner said:

Anyone want to have a guess at the financial details of this sponsorship?

Okay so assuming we've got plenty of pizza lovers amongst our rugby ranks, here's how I see it. 

18 players per team 

3 injured players go to watch the game (but really just there for their share of a Papa John's XXL American Hot) 

Head coach and other coaching staff is another 4 

Then water carriers, team doc, physios - let's say that's another 6 

Overall one team has about 32 people every match day that are actually part of the essential group and that's probably an underestimate, but let's run with it. I'm not including the media manager and other back office peeps - they can probs have few crusts, but no share of Walmsley's Hawaiian. 

Papa John's will be thrifty I reckon and elect to offer pizza 1 between 2 of their XXL range (average price £20.99) and then throw in a few sides and drinks - buffalo wings (£5.79 a portion) galore. 

So here's the numbers: 

16 pizzas x £20.99 

10 sides x £5.79 

We'll leave drinks actually, they're pretty weak and don't want to take the p*ss. 

So all told one team costs £393.74 

Let's pretend Toronto get wind of this and decide to play again, that'll be £393.84 x 12 = 4724.88 per weekend. 

I know this is extremely rough, but for all the jokes (me included) it's actually not that shoddy. Obviously the price to Papa John's is significantly less than the price we all get fleeced for - the tomato base is a dream though. 

Seems a perfectly reasonable contra-deal to me, particularly with the costs (and Covid restrictions?) involved for catering for the players involved in the double-headers and the like.

Also worth mentioning that pizzas are very much recommended by sports nutritionists and is virtually ubiquitous in professional RL and football. The idea is to replace quickly replace fat that has been burned during the game or the body will 'crash' and next day recovery will be severely hampered.

10 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Okay so assuming we've got plenty of pizza lovers amongst our rugby ranks, here's how I see it. 

18 players per team 

3 injured players go to watch the game (but really just there for their share of a Papa John's XXL American Hot) 

Head coach and other coaching staff is another 4 

Then water carriers, team doc, physios - let's say that's another 6 

Overall one team has about 32 people every match day that are actually part of the essential group and that's probably an underestimate, but let's run with it. I'm not including the media manager and other back office peeps - they can probs have few crusts, but no share of Walmsley's Hawaiian. 

Papa John's will be thrifty I reckon and elect to offer pizza 1 between 2 of their XXL range (average price £20.99) and then throw in a few sides and drinks - buffalo wings (£5.79 a portion) galore. 

So here's the numbers: 

16 pizzas x £20.99 

10 sides x £5.79 

We'll leave drinks actually, they're pretty weak and don't want to take the p*ss. 

So all told one team costs £393.74 

Let's pretend Toronto get wind of this and decide to play again, that'll be £393.84 x 12 = 4724.88 per weekend. 

I know this is extremely rough, but for all the jokes (me included) it's actually not that shoddy. Obviously the price to Papa John's is significantly less than the price we all get fleeced for - the tomato base is a dream though. 

Good luck to the bloke in the van delivering them 

Archived