• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The stages so far have almost looked like a normal Tour but Paris looks really eerie with no crowds in places like the Rue de Rivoli that are normally rammed.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

32 minutes ago, LeeF said:

An exciting edition of the Tour would be my summary

One of the best I can remember. Can't recall a finish like it since Greg Lemond broke French hearts in 1989.

Pleased for Sam Bennett too as he put the icing on the cake winning the sprint on the Champs Elysee.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

A great Tour for the fans and a salutory one for Dave Brailsford.

A couple of weeks ago, Ineos deployed its standard robot tactics for the Tirreno Adriatico. Geraint Thomas didn't win. Will Ineos change tactics in the Giro d'Italia?

Has anyone actually seen one of those new Grenadier motors? Looks horrible in the pictures.

Ineos Grenadier nace como un Defender re imaginado con ...

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

5 hours ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

Thanks but no thanks 

He was my Hero, as was Wiggins, Frome & Thomas, and then the EPO hit the fan, and I lost interest in the "Sport" for a couple of years, I am now back in love with a sport that is mostly clean, this years TdF was great, I am unemployable, and I spent every afternoon watching ITV4's coverage and really enjoyed it

22 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

Filippo Ganna (ITA) wins the Individual TT by a mile, on home soil.By 27 secs

Geraint THOMAS finished 4th

Last was Inqvar OMARSSON (ISL) at +6.25.86

Last in the womens TT yesterday was nearly 15 minutes behind. Siham ES-SADDY (MOR), well done.

Ganna was the red hot favourite. You could see why with the performance he put in.

Thomas is looking in very good shape ahead of the Giro.

Women's road race is underway. 

9 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

I am glad Allaphillippe won the Mens race, he comes across as a nice guy.

Nice guys don't always come 2nd

A very popular winner I would imagine.

On 22/09/2020 at 01:16, Wolford6 said:

A great Tour for the fans and a salutory one for Dave Brailsford.

A couple of weeks ago, Ineos deployed its standard robot tactics for the Tirreno Adriatico. Geraint Thomas didn't win. Will Ineos change tactics in the Giro d'Italia?

Has anyone actually seen one of those new Grenadier motors? Looks horrible in the pictures.

Ineos Grenadier nace como un Defender re imaginado con ...

Won't have seen one yet. Doesn't enter production till July 2021 at earliest, if then. Is not for the likes of us. It s a replacement for the Defender, steel ladder chassis, long travel suspension, BMW 6 cylinder engine mated to ZF auto. Won't be cheap. Serious project though. 

On 29/09/2020 at 08:17, JohnM said:

Won't have seen one yet. Doesn't enter production till July 2021 at earliest, if then. Is not for the likes of us. It s a replacement for the Defender, steel ladder chassis, long travel suspension, BMW 6 cylinder engine mated to ZF auto. Won't be cheap. Serious project though. 

I can just about get my head around wireless electronic derailleurs but that's another language.

Pleased we've cleared that up.

Expected victory in the TT for Filippo Ganna on the opening day of the Giro yesterday but a very good start for Geraint Thomas who already looks like the man to beat. Not a bad day for Simon Yates either, only 26 seconds down.

On 28/09/2020 at 11:21, Bleep1673 said:

I am glad Allaphillippe won the Mens race, he comes across as a nice guy.

Nice guys don't always come 2nd

Gets the chance to add one of cycling's Monuments to his world title in today's "spring" classic Liege-Bastogne-Liege.

Geraint Thomas' Giro is as good as over after a terrible piece of bad luck. Went over a stray bidon at speed and fell very heavily. He continued to the finish but he was clearly badly hurt. Wouldn't be surprised if Ineos withdraw him from the race.

Just goes to show the riders are only ever a heartbeat away from disaster in the peloton, no matter how good their form is.

Officially all over for Thomas with Eurosport reporting that he fractured his pelvis. Remarkable effort to complete the stage in the circumstances.

On 31/08/2020 at 08:55, Wolford6 said:

Arnaud Demare hasn't started the race; probably a wise move given the gruelling opening stages. He's saving himself for the Giro d'Italia.

Paying off for him in style. Has now won two consecutive stages in the Giro. Just nicked it off Sagan in a photo finish on Wednesday but he left everybody for dead in the sprint yesterday.

Archived