7 hours ago, Charlie RL said:

Great Alex Dowsett stage win at Giro.  Another Brit. In the 2nd group.  Excellent. 

Superb performance by Dowsett, used all his time trialling ability to power home. Very good showing by Wigan lad Matthew Holmes to finish third.

Bad news for Simon Yates testing positive for Covid-19 but it does explain why he just hasn't had the legs in the last few days. Hope he makes a rapid recovery.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/10/2020 at 06:10, Charlie RL said:

Cavendish : my last race?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/54501344

A GB cycling superstar whatever he does now🚴‍♀️🚴‍♂️🚴

Will go down as one of the all time greats. His achievements have been phenomenal.

Really hope that isn't it for him quite yet though.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Just listened to race director Mauro Vegni on Eurosport. His defence of the protocols in place seemed at odds with what the team directors are saying.

Outstanding day's racing yesterday despite the Covid-19 disruption. Sagan finally ended his long wait for a win with a superb performance to take the stage.

Not tuned it to today's coverage yet so don't know if there have been any more withdrawals. Fingers crossed the race can make it to Milan. 

2 hours ago, Ullman said:

He must have cheered up a bit. Good to see him take part in the Scheldeprijs yesterday.

Yes.  I read that.  Great. It must be challenging for belief/ motivation given past achievements. 

I found this years World Champs race absorbing.  It  reminded of how I was  gripped with Copenhagen 2011 and Doha 2016 races.  Waiting, waiting ,  waiting for a few seconds of Cavendish at the finale (with mixed results - blasted Sagan!).       

58 minutes ago, Gray1967 said:

Loved the Ronde earlier...shame about Alaphalipe though.

Just watched the highlights. It really was a lousy way for his season to end. The poor bloke looked in absolute agony. From the point of view of the race it would have been great to see him disrupting van Aert and van der Poel. Still a totally absorbing finish though.

And good to see Cav still plugging away.

Above the snowline in the Giro today but the roads are clear and the mountains look beautiful in the sunshine.

One bloke at the top of the first mountain going old school and handing his newspaper to one of the riders for a bit of insulation on the descent.

5 hours ago, Charlie RL said:

i didn't see that day 1 coming.  Froome to claw back 11 minutes is not going to happen? 

I was expecting him to be a bit stronger too but he did say in the interview that he hadn't recovered the top end strength in the leg he mangled. I imagine he'll just try and ride himself into it from now on and build up his strength a bit.

6 hours ago, Charlie RL said:

i didn't see that day 1 coming.  Froome to claw back 11 minutes is not going to happen? 

Lost it in the crash last year.

On 12/10/2020 at 06:10, Charlie RL said:

Cavendish : my last race?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/54501344

A GB cycling superstar whatever he does now🚴‍♀️🚴‍♂️🚴

Please don't give Cavendish a commentary job, he is almost as unintelligable as Jones-Buchannan. I need subtitles on for both of them.

Archived