Knowles opts for England

1 hour ago, Rupert Prince said:

Read me...  "eye watering amounts of money".

But nobody need worry, they only have 16 games a regular season. Over 17 weeks. 

Remind me, how many rugby players made the change.

But let's be fair, dim millenials don't have the attention span for RL.  NFL does give them the opportunity to text in between downs and wonder off and get a burger in between time outs. 

A) no mouth watering amounts of money, people are starting clubs or university teams through love of the game. Someone wants to start a team, they apply and get support and ate welcomed, in RL a team applies and you only get support and welcomed if your close to the M62!

B) hundreds of Rugby players are making the switch that is where the players for all the amateur clubs are coming from. RL did this and got growth but then threw it all away to 'focus on the heartlands'

C) insulting younger generations for using online systems by posting in an online system is hypocritical.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 20/08/2020 at 10:32, Dave T said:

Sort of - but the farce we had meant the likes of Coote was dropped after one game and Grace was overlooked because Bennett was using the GB team as an England team. 

This year Grace will qualify for England on residency 🙂 

18 minutes ago, Scubby said:

This year Grace will qualify for England on residency 🙂 

But is about 8th choice for wing 🤔

I would be amazed if he chose England over Wales, I cant imagine the pay between rhem being too great, didnt Briers refuse to switch to England and Brough also. 

Sometimes loyalty is more important than money.

(Cue Grace anouncing he will play for England 😂)

8 hours ago, 17 stone giant said:

But Wales won't play in the Ashes. Will he really want to sit out major events like that, just to show loyalty to Wales?

Well he would be better saying hes Australian so he can play SOO then?

For me he should look to play for Wales at major events.

England could play Wales annually as a major event but dont.

41 minutes ago, roughyedspud said:

Remember when nostalgic old farts said that by having GB around again it will help Wales,Scotland & Ireland retain players.   

And I said that's nonsense...

Well....I told ya

I'm surprised you aren't pitching England v The Celts for the autumn 😄 

5 hours ago, Scubby said:

I'm surprised you aren't pitching England v The Celts for the autumn 😄 

I did do when the Aussie's pulled out if the ashes....but I've Got bigger things to worry about at the minute...which is why I'm hardly around lately..

OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

27 minutes ago, roughyedspud said:

I did do when the Aussie's pulled out if the ashes....but I've Got bigger things to worry about at the minute...which is why I'm hardly around lately..

Oh come on... RLEF new General Manager? God help us if true... 

😂😂😂

1 hour ago, 17 stone giant said:

I'm not talking only about this year. I'm assuming there will be another Ashes scheduled for sometime during the next five years.

There's only been 1 scheduled for the past 15 years I wouldn't hold your breath!

Archived