Bulldog inbound Keegan returns

Batley Bob

2 minutes ago, silverback said:

yep.seen as toms mentioned it,i thought it were rubbish to stay on holiday when needed,the fame went to his head and he put a couple of extra days for pride weekend rather than help the boys,we were down a few players too and to be fair back then he did kinda bust a few tackles and line breaks, am not one for same old same and if we do same we will get same so hope he does well and we get a couple more players with quality.other clubs are making some good moves for 2021.

That's fair enough. 

Just to add, l saw an article in serious about RL, which had collated all the movements in C and C1, and l was surprised by how few actual moves were actually happening. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must be remembering a different Keegan Hirst; no leader? No busting runs? I can appreciate the fact that he's 4 years older, but it's always said that a prop isn't in his prime until 30/31, 3 seasons in SL, must have something to bring to the club. I expect a NEW Keegan Hirst not a continuation of the one who left. Who cares how well or not he did at Dewsbury or Hunslet? I've said it before, some players only hit the straps at one particular club, Batley was Keegan's place, he's not coming to let us down.

9 minutes ago, phildog said:

I must be remembering a different Keegan Hirst; no leader? No busting runs? I can appreciate the fact that he's 4 years older, but it's always said that a prop isn't in his prime until 30/31, 3 seasons in SL, must have something to bring to the club. I expect a NEW Keegan Hirst not a continuation of the one who left. Who cares how well or not he did at Dewsbury or Hunslet? I've said it before, some players only hit the straps at one particular club, Batley was Keegan's place, he's not coming to let us down.

OMG I'm in full agreement with PD.... nurse, nurse... 

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

1 hour ago, distantdog said:

That's fair enough. 

Just to add, l saw an article in serious about RL, which had collated all the movements in C and C1, and l was surprised by how few actual moves were actually happening. 

i just seem to see bradford bulls headlines at top a forum page time after time with decent titles.lol. just hope were going to be ready for that bottom 3 fight.

41 minutes ago, phildog said:

if batley were keegans place it wouldent be his 4th chance..lol. hope he goes well.the new keegan could a saved the best till last.up the doggies.:kolobok_wild:

2 hours ago, distantdog said:

That's fair enough. 

IMG_0583.JPG

4 hours ago, Batley Bob said:

That cant be right all championship recruitment.no fev outs,thoght we had lost yates and scotty. fev said they had 4 new players already for 2021.and bradford seem to have new players sign every week if you run down some past posts.

anyway who we got next to catch some high balls.

1 minute ago, silverback said:

That cant be right all championship recruitment.no fev outs,thoght we had lost yates and scotty. fev said they had 4 new players already for 2021.and bradford seem to have new players sign every week if you run down some past posts.

Yes, fev got a few, but most of the other stuff is just rumour. Yates not been officially mentioned by anyone yet! Oldham now taken two from Dewsbury, rumourd to be another I think.

13 hours ago, distantdog said:

Yes, fev got a few, but most of the other stuff is just rumour. Yates not been officially mentioned by anyone yet! Oldham now taken two from Dewsbury, rumourd to be another I think.

Yes, three going to Oldham. We have retained the majority of last season's squad though and have a solid DR with HKR. (I don't like DR by the way but as long as others are using them, why not?)

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

6 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Yes, three going to Oldham. We have retained the majority of last season's squad though and have a solid DR with HKR. (I don't like DR by the way but as long as others are using them, why not?)

Not aware you had become a Fev supporter!

2 minutes ago, distantdog said:

Not aware you had become a Fev supporter!

Come on DD, I have always said that I don't like DR but support pragmatism. If your club try to run without DR next year, after the previous cock-up, then you will be in for an interesting time.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

14 hours ago, silverback said:

Fev have signed 3 players, who would have been available had this season resumed (including Nu Brown). Only one confirmed exit so far: Jouffret to Ottawa. Most of the 2020 squad were either already contracted for next season or have signed extensions - see this thread 

• 1 month later...
31 minutes ago, phildog said:

What changed in his fitness in 6 weeks? Where do we get another top prop?

At least you’ve got till April to find a replacement.

15 minutes ago, Ainley Top said:

You've saved a wage there. He was less than poor at Fax. 

How can you judge a player in how many games,6 or 7.To be fair he’s always done the business for Batley. He had two spells with us and didn’t really crack any pots but put a bulldog shirt on and he’s a different player.

10 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

At least you’ve got till April to find a replacement.

How can you judge a player in how many games,6 or 7.To be fair he’s always done the business for Batley. He had two spells with us and didn’t really crack any pots but put a bulldog shirt on and he’s a different player.

He played more games than that for Fax. I never saw him make a break or bust a tackle. The lad was awful, as he was at Fev. If the Batley faithful were happy with him o.k. He never cracked it in SL for a reason. Each to their own I suppose. 

12 minutes ago, Ainley Top said:

He played more games than that for Fax. I never saw him make a break or bust a tackle. The lad was awful, as he was at Fev. If the Batley faithful were happy with him o.k. He never cracked it in SL for a reason. Each to their own I suppose. 

Wasn't he in SL for three seasons? How is that not cracking it. As Graham above quite rightly points out, he always did the business for us. Perhaps your coach couldn't spot what he brought to the team!

35 minutes ago, Ainley Top said:

Actually Keegan was pretty solid for Wakey and more than held his own. He was a valued part of a superleague squad that finished in the top 6 twice in his time there which isn’t too shabby. All at Wakefield wish him well in his retirement. 

15 hours ago, Ainley Top said:

That was the main criticism of many Fev fans when he was there, but that's not his game. His strengths are drawing in defenders and getting a quick ptb to create space for others.

Archived