Sat 22 Aug: CC6: Catalans Dragons v Wakefield Trinity KO 2.30pm (BBC One)

Who will win?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Catalans Dragons
    • Wakefield Trinity

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/08/20 at 14:00

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, davet said:

Might be closer than last week, but can't see Catalan losing this one.

I think and hope you are right about the final outcome, davet.  I also, like you, think this could be a much closer affair.

I seem to recall hearing that Trinity have given priority to cup progress this year (though I am not sure how this is known), whereas, for Les Dracs, I imagine a GF appearance is what they primarily seek.

In that context, it is worth remembering how much different priorities can be reflected on the scoreboard.  Catalans beat Warrington in the 2018 cup final at Wembley, but, just fifteen days before, got hammered 56-6 by the Wire in a league game that meant a great deal to Warrington and nothing to their visitors.

7 hours ago, Gooleboy said:

Absolutely, as long as they don't have Captain Peacock on.

He'd be a shoe in as commentator if Regan Grace had a brother playing alongside him.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Such a pity we only have the one game to watch this Saturday, especially as it's a repeat of last week's clash.

We've been spoiled with closeted mini magics over recent weekends.

As some experts are suggesting, this encounter could follow a slightly different course. A reshuffled couple of line ups would obviously play a part but I still reckon each side would give it everything once they get on the pitch.

Catalans again for me but with a much improved Trinity performance on the cards. Scoreline could be plenty closer.

Hopefully an improved performance from the reshuffled Wakey side but can't see anything other than an easy win for the Dragons.  Would at least like us to post some points this time.

Could be another miserable outcome for the majority of Wakey fans but an orgasmic afternoon for a few.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

2 hours ago, Ramon Rojo said:

Such a pity we only have the one game to watch this Saturday, especially as it's a repeat of last week's clash.

Why haven’t any Super League games from the next few rounds been brought forward to this weekend?

It seems crazy that the only game is Catalan v Wakefield. Nine Super League teams without a game this weekend and then they’ll have to play twice in a week later in the season.

19 hours ago, barnyia said:

The rfl and super league won't mind the catalans getting to a final this year if there's no crowds 😁

HA HA HA 

I remember an old friend who worked at the RFL (15 years ago) actually saying who they were hoping for to get into the final:)

HOT BALLS

COLD BALLS

Anyone:) LOL

23 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

HA HA HA 

I remember an old friend who worked at the RFL (15 years ago) actually saying who they were hoping for to get into the final:)

HOT BALLS

COLD BALLS

Anyone:) LOL

All balls? 

A Catalan win, but not by the same margin as last weekend.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I would just like to agree with the above post! The discussion pre match on the BBC is second to non these days. 

The stats quoted for ball in play pre and post lockdown were amazing. Compare that to the union ball in play stats on the cross code forum 

Archived