Price of replica shirts

23 minutes ago, Copa said:

In Australia there’s also no culture amongst fans to wear the latest shirt. At a match you can see a whole history of club shirts around the stadium.

Thats true to an extent in England, indeed there's a certain element that haven't liked the nylon replica shirt since the 1980s. 

I see what you say as both being linked to and causes of the NRL clubs not changing designs and charging exceptionally high prices. Its a self-fulfilling cycle I suppose. 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, 17 stone giant said:

What about this for matchday attire? Simple rosette instead of a lapel badge.

In my mind, this is how I imagine Harry Stottle looking on the last GB Lions tour.

lions.png

Nah you're missing @Harry Stottle 's rightly held "Bennett out" banner along with a set of "No Australians" leaflets.

11 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Nah you're missing @Harry Stottle 's rightly held "Bennett out" banner along with a set of "No Australians" leaflets.

Did I hand one of those leaflets to you Tommy? 

'England' rosette with a 'GB' flag never, that would be as strange as me wearing a 'I love Yorkshire' hat and a Rhinos Shirt!

PS did you notice I (oops) HE has a Leigh RLFC Cherry and White scarf around his neck.

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

Did I hand one of those leaflets to you Tommy? 

'England' rosette with a 'GB' flag never, that would be as strange as me wearing a 'I love Yorkshire' hat and wearing a Rhinos Shirt!

PS did you notice I (oops) HE has a Leigh RLFC Cherry and White scarf around his neck.

I'd have been spreading the word with you H.

I know but you have to make do with whatever these antipodeans have to hand sometimes in these situations. I wouldn't have judged you.

The scarf was clearly an attempt at impersonating you. Nearly worked but for the lack of "Bennett out" sign.

14 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

i dont wear replica shirts as i do not play for the club, i also am not a child - i cringe when i see grown adults wearing the latest fashion disaster as a crass badge of honour 

What about scaffolding T shirts, Johnny.  Would Cuplock, Haki, Layher or Kwikstage etc be of interest in Keighley colours?

20 hours ago, EastLondonMike said:

If enough people buy them at those prices they'll continue to sell them at those prices.

I haven't bought a football shirt for donkeys years, but the ones i've seen up close are of a pretty decent standard. Replica jerseys the fans buy will be de-spec'd slightly to make them more affordable, which really means a less technical fabric base, and maybe minus a few details.. 

Price wise the clubs can set the RRP at anything they want, though any that did would put themselves in a tough position with their supplier, should it be one of the big name sports brands, who will also be selling the jersey etc themselves, and no doubt at what they consider to be market value. Most of the big brands are likely to insist on an RRP before signing up with any club.

As a rule of thumb RRP is generally half the price of the wholesale price, which is also half the price of cost price. Not always, but most apparel. Caps, for instance, can sometimes have an even greater margin. Caps and Cotton tee's are generally the most profitable.

Working with the smaller suppliers, like Oxen, would probably return a better margin than working with any of the big brands, but you give up certain things when doing so, and you also get what you pay for. With the likes of Adi, Puma, Nike, you're getting the very best technical fabrics and techniques, with the smaller suppliers you'll still be able to get good quality, but not in the leagues of the above mentioned brands, unless you want to pay for it, but most won't, and certainly not RL clubs it seems. The figure at the bottom of the balance sheet is far more important. Though in many cases you don't actually have to pay for the very best fabrics to get something that is of a decent standard.

That would be brilliant for the fans Mike, unless you meant twice, that is.

😋

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

3 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

That would be brilliant for the fans Mike, unless you meant twice, that is.

😋

ha ha.. you knew what i meant.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

On 20/08/2020 at 20:56, Davo5 said:

If the Leeds Utd shirt has premier league branding it will only get used for 1 season anyways,stick to  some of the. Sydney NRL teams here,there designs here hardly change year on year.

yeah you are right i agree with you i love replica shirts ninja net worth 2020....

On 20/08/2020 at 13:53, Rhinoferg said:

I like buying replica shirts,rugby league and football.

Leeds United have just released their home kit. £60 a pop.  NRL shirts are also expensive.

I get teams need the revenue but they change every season, surely they could have a trade in like part exchanging a car?

Thoughts please

According to Leeds CEO, Angus Kinnear, not only did we smash our 150,000 shirt sales record last week, we've now hit 300,000. Success and a quality manufacturer should be a sign to aspirational RL clubs.

1 minute ago, M j M said:

The sight of a bit of Leeds United polyester or car sticker is a useful rule of thumb guide to people in this city you want to steer well clear of.

300,000 shirts sold at £60 a pop. Not even released the away and third shirts.

No need for the "faux" snobbery

Just now, Tommygilf said:

We're back!

As I said in the football section, I am pleased to see Leeds back. I do like the Premier League to have the big clubs in it, and as a neutral I always enjoy the games between Leeds and Man Utd, Leeds and Chelsea, etc. There's no doubting that Leeds are a massive club and they have a huge support behind them. Plus I like clubs from other parts of the country, so that it's not always the London and North West mafia dominating the league.

On 20/08/2020 at 16:40, Griff said:

When you part exchange a car, the dealer sells it on.

What's a rugby club going to do with an old, well worn replica jersey ?

Just asking, like.

I agree the clubs would have no use for them. However most shirts get a price that's worth selling for on Ebay

I often sell my old ones on

5 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I agree the clubs would have no use for them. However most shirts get a price that's worth selling for on Ebay

I often sell my old ones on

I agree, I've had a shirt or two off ebay and the asking price on there tends to be around £25-£30, even more for older, rarer and more famous ones. 

When the catalans moved to Nike for one season the price almost doubled from isc, now they're with o Neil's the price is a little higher than it used to be for isc and most things in the club shop have become more expensive as o Neil's run the club shop, 

5 minutes ago, barnyia said:

When the catalans moved to Nike for one season the price almost doubled from isc, now they're with o Neil's the price is a little higher than it used to be for isc and most things in the club shop have become more expensive as o Neil's run the club shop, 

Do you think the O'Neills quality is good?

I like ISC but think our stuff isn't as good as it was at the start of the decade. In reference to the OP the quality difference will be exposed massively with Adidas now doing LUFC.

On 20/08/2020 at 14:41, Eddie said:

So many fans (football fans especially) are mugs who are happy to pay £80 for a piece of cheap nylon made for a few quid, so as long as that continues so will the ridiculous prices. I find RL shirts to be much better value though, and much better quality, I’ve got a few Saints ones but not at the moment as I don’t like the sponsor. 

I like the sponsor but dont like Saints.

Archived