Price of replica shirts

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

I just see it as an extension to supporting the club, it’s clearly not good value for money in terms of buying clothing. 

I see your point. And yes it defo isn't good value. I just couldn't personally justify spending the amounts of money these clubs are willing to charge. I don't have the best paying job in the world so for me it just isn't worth it. I suppose its each to their own. 

I'm a bit of a traditionalist, i like my claret and gold hoops and own a retro version we had produced privately a few years ago.

Personally i haven't purchased a shirt since 2009 although i've had a couple bought as gifts, i'm not one of these who buys them every year regardless as i think they are poor value for money and generally our designs don't appeal to me.

2 hours ago, daz39 said:

I'm a bit of a traditionalist, i like my claret and gold hoops and own a retro version we had produced privately a few years ago.

Personally i haven't purchased a shirt since 2009 although i've had a couple bought as gifts, i'm not one of these who buys them every year regardless as i think they are poor value for money and generally our designs don't appeal to me.

I get that perspective. I now only ever get a home/away shirt if I like it as opposed to for xmas etc. We got a quality Superdry traditional rugby shirt design about 5 years ago and that is still my favourite shirt I own. Even though it cost the best bit of 70 quid iirc it has been well worth it.

RL clubs need to understand their markets and expand them. Provide a range of gear at a range of prices.

Archived