What should be in a Full English Breakfast?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Mumby Magic said:

Is there a correct set of ingredients? Hash brown or no Hash Brown? Grilled or Chopped Tomatoes?

To be honest Im happy enough with Bacon Sausage Chopped Tomatoes Black Pudding Fried Egg and Beans.

Why do your tomatoes need to be chopped? That makes me deeply suspicious.

The hash brown meanwhile is the grey squirrel of the proper Full English. It might seem nice enough but it's an invasive species.

I've just had my version.

Bacon, eggs, sausages, mushrooms, black dag, and a kidney. 2 x toast 2 pints assam.

I think beans and/or toms do make it to the plate for a FEB, just not my plate. 

Hash browns.... oooo no.

Add tatty scones and slice of haggis for a decent FSB

weres fried bread.cant have a full english without fried bread,dipped in yer egg its a thing of wonder nice and crunchie.i like a slice of spam with mine rather than sausage,

a breakfast special at the redbeck cafe(doncaster road past rugby ground)as one a best breakfasts around, everything on the plate twice and its got chips too.

Full English breakfast to me is fried bread, fried eggs, bacon, fried mushrooms, sausages and beans.  Technically there probably should be black pudding and fried tomatoes on there too but I don't like those so they aren't included in my full English.  Not that I ever eat a full English for breakfast.  If I did I'd probably be sick.  But I sometimes indulge in a full English for my evening meal. 

2 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Bacon

Egg

Sausage 

Tomato

Ah , I see what you did there . I do a Bradman Best .... Beans then Bacon , Egg , Sausage , Toast . I’m gonna say that next time I go away and hope they understand 

1 hour ago, silverback said:

weres fried bread.cant have a full english without fried bread,dipped in yer egg its a thing of wonder nice and crunchie.i like a slice of spam with mine rather than sausage,

a breakfast special at the redbeck cafe(doncaster road past rugby ground)as one a best breakfasts around, everything on the plate twice and its got chips too.

That's a brunch

Firstly guys WHAT ABOUT THE BUBBLE ?

Fried Eggs

Bacon

Sausage 

Toms

Mushrooms

Beans 

Fried Bread

Bubble 

+ 2 slices of bread and butter and large mug of steaming hot tea

ALL served in the cafe at Eden Park Beckenham by your resident Johnny turk:) from Cyprus:))))

LOVELY JUBBLEY :))

Paul

Pint of tetleys

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

3 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Firstly guys WHAT ABOUT THE BUBBLE ?

Fried Eggs

Bacon

Sausage 

Toms

Mushrooms

Beans 

Fried Bread

Bubble 

+ 2 slices of bread and butter and large mug of steaming hot tea

ALL served in the cafe at Eden Park Beckenham by your resident Johnny turk:) from Cyprus:))))

LOVELY JUBBLEY :))

Paul

What's a bubble?  

1 minute ago, Saintslass said:

What's a bubble?  

fry up. all bits a veg from sunday dinner made into a square.its aint bad but when am on holiday and a cockney asked for for bubble it sounds like babble....lol.

It's why the full breakfast is a thing of beauty, it can be adapted and ingredients rotated to keep it fresh. 

But they all must have Toast, beans, egg, sausage and bacon. 

You can then opt in and out of all the other bits. 

If I had to narrow it down I'd add Haggis, tatty Scone and mushrooms to make it healthy. I think this would be a Scottish rather than English, but all good. 

Archived