Kev,s update 23rd August

Batley Bob

How is it that local semi-pro football teams can nopw have 300 spectators at matches up till next Monday and then in September can have up to 600 spectators?  Seems to me that the RFL are not exactly breaking any pots to get any semi-pro rugby played.  

7 minutes ago, fredm said:

How is it that local semi-pro football teams can nopw have 300 spectators at matches up till next Monday and then in September can have up to 600 spectators?  Seems to me that the RFL are not exactly breaking any pots to get any semi-pro rugby played.  

Other than the tournament that we will hopefully be playing in. The take up by clubs for this competition shows how many teams were motivated to actually play rugby this season for one reason or another. The RFL are easy targets but seem to have received praise for them from plenty of clubs in C1 and C for their handling of the sport in these difficult times.

28 minutes ago, fredm said:

No, Bob, nationally allowed.

Except where local restrictions are in place Fred.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, Batley Bob said:

Hanging Heaton cc and Batley cc aren’t allowed spectators , but Ossett cc are , it’s going to be areas that are allowed them Fred 

Other teams in Kirklees have spectators at their matches.

I can't believe that clubs would be allowed spectators if under local lockdowns. My local cricket club don't allow them, mainly I think as they would add an extra layer of management to what is already a difficult organisational feat just to play. 

I wonder if local amateur sports teams have to treat each match like a restaurant or pub, which have to collect attendee details in case of an outbreak?

4 hours ago, fredm said:

Other teams in Kirklees have spectators at their matches.

Which teams are they? Crowds are not allowed at cricket, football or rugby even crown green bowls in the lockdown effected areas as Oldham, Rochdale Kirklees Calderdale and Bradford 

13 hours ago, Keep The Faith said:

Which teams are they? Crowds are not allowed at cricket, football or rugby even crown green bowls in the lockdown effected areas as Oldham, Rochdale Kirklees Calderdale and Bradford 

So are you saying that I can go to the cricket club every night, 7 nights a week, and Saturday and Sundays daytime but cannot go on Saturday afternoon when there is a match on?

Archived