Wigan Warriors attract big investor

Just a quick look says he has been involved with 83 appointments (companies) mostly in the role of director, I was trying to find out where he was born and if he had any ties to the Wigan club in that manner, I was doing nothing more than being curios, can anyone throw anymore light in how he comes to be involved with Wigan, a friend of Ian Leneghan perhaps?

15 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Just a quick look says he has been involved with 83 appointments (companies) mostly in the role of director, I was trying to find out where he was born and if he had any ties to the Wigan club in that manner, I was doing nothing more than being curios, can anyone throw anymore light in how he comes to be involved with Wigan, a friend of Ian Leneghan perhaps?

I think that's covered in the "Mike Danson/Wigan" thread mate. From the area originally.

8 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

It would be interesting if he was born in the Wigan District Council area and was actually born in the Leigh suburb of Wigan.

(ok - I'm only being a little droll ... 😀)

• 3 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Surely a bit of ‘negotiation by media’. As it says, “the French-American team are unhappy with the rental terms (Lenegan) wants.”

Before he’s even bought it. Also it seems to suggest that the administrators want Athletic’s potential new owners to buy it rather than Lenegan?  

10 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

And you wonder why Wigan’s crowds are declining year on year? 

More to do with the Latics success in recent times and League's general decline, send em back to league 1 and the glory supporters will float back.

6 hours ago, Henson Park Old Firm said:

I didn't notice this was a Sun link until it was too late, not cool. I refreshed the BBC Rugby League page five times in penance.

What fascinates me is that these supposed mega rich American investors aren't willing to fork out a couple of million to get the stadium along with the club. I know they'll want the best deal and I know that supposedly Wigan is pretty much the only place on earth that can't make a stadium pay with two decent sized clubs sharing it but even so its not exactly an indication they are big time is it.

3 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

The apathy towards the rugby team if the football team are forced out of town or Lenegan gets his hands on the ground will explode exponentially. 

I don’t really understand this. Do you mean “antipathy” rather than “apathy”? As self appointed Surrey envoy of the WDL, I would welcome a bit of apathy towards us. It would make life much easier, and save thousands of words trying to defend the indefensible. 

13 minutes ago, M j M said:

I didn't notice this was a Sun link until it was too late, not cool. I refreshed the BBC Rugby League page five times in penance.

What fascinates me is that these supposed mega rich American investors aren't willing to fork out a couple of million to get the stadium along with the club. I know they'll want the best deal and I know that supposedly Wigan is pretty much the only place on earth that can't make a stadium pay with two decent sized clubs sharing it but even so its not exactly an indication they are big time is it.

Leigh's stadium is also in Wigan, as I am sure you know.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

3 minutes ago, Southerner said:

It’s clear to me the fact the warriors play and lease the stadium would negatively affect the sale of the football club?

No big investor would want to run a modern day football club that shares facilities with a rugby club.....?

Why, when they get precedence over fixture times and guarantees more income?  

Mores the point, no big investor would want to run one of the worst supported Championship teams, stuck in a small town inbetween Liverpool, Everton, City and Utd with a successful rugby team to compete with for fans. 

38 minutes ago, Southerner said:

It’s clear to me the fact the warriors play and lease the stadium would negatively affect the sale of the football club?

No big investor would want to run a modern day football club that shares facilities with a rugby club.....?

I think it's clear they are not a big investor.

Archived