Players breaching C-19 protocols (Merged Threads)

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

According to James Smailes, the Hull reporter. He’s very good at what he does. 

I’m expecting something negative, Rugby League has drilled that into me over the years. I wonder if the Newcastle United/Toronto Wolfpack rumours are true?

You mean Newcastle Thunder? 

2 minutes ago, arcticchris said:

On a light note at least that would explain their dismal performance. Being serious this is a major setback for the sport if correct.

It is correct. In fact it also includes an additional player not in the match day squad and a further test returned as inconclusive. Salford tests not yet back. 

Just now, GeordieSaint said:

SL season done if this is the case?

It’s a distinct possibility, though you’d hope that any credible sporting competition restarting around this period would have things in place for such eventualities like this. Whether Super League has remains to be seen yet. 

1 minute ago, GeordieSaint said:

SL season done if this is the case?

Not done - yet - but on the ropes. 

Was there any protocol agreed at the restart about what should happen if games were cancelled for this reason? The season can't be extended any more, they'll have to split the points while they're quarantining. 

There have been major outbreaks in Baseball in America with the St Louis Cardinals that have had players and staff test positive on multiple occasions. There it seems to have been linked to extremely lax adherence to Covid protocols and they have had 11 games cancelled already.

2 minutes ago, Chris Taylor said:

Does this story surprise you?

I follow a fair few players on Instagram and it's pretty clear that players / wives from a whole host of teams are gathering for parties, etc. 

Thats not to mention the amount a water spat out at back a sticks live on telly,i cringed at one game spitting all over place.and sharing same bottles many times just throwing them about like its a normal sunny afternoon.games over now.

The SL season will go on, cancellation means Sky will pull their funding and we'll have clubs folding.

Hull and any other affected clubs will have to forfeit their games until they can play again, there is no space to reschedule matches.

Archived