Players breaching C-19 protocols (Merged Threads)

1 minute ago, Whippet13 said:

The SL season will go on, cancellation means Sky will pull their funding and we'll have clubs folding.

Hull and any other affected clubs will have to forfeit their games until they can play again, there is no space to reschedule matches.

Can't see forfeiting games giving a credible result to the season, can you? Salford will likely have to postpone their game on weekend too.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Whippet13 said:

The SL season will go on, cancellation means Sky will pull their funding and we'll have clubs folding.

Hull and any other affected clubs will have to forfeit their games until they can play again, there is no space to reschedule matches.

It's vital the show must go on but simply cannot risk players families health. 

7 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Can't see forfeiting games giving a credible result to the season, can you? Salford will likely have to postpone their game on weekend too.

There's no space to start slotting new games in though, especially if this occurs several times over the coming weeks/months, which is likely. Minimum 2 week quarantine isnt it? So 2 games down every time it happens.

Firstly, let's hope that the players concerned are ok and that this is the full extent of the outbreak. May be wishful thinking given that they played Salford in Sunday.

No easy answers I'm afraid. The sport needs to complete the season to get Sky money and survive. But close contact means coronavirus can transmit easily. And weekly testing will pick up asymptomatic cases more than the population at large.

We can't afford more regular testing and isolating the players or putting them in a biosecire bubble like cricket is probably unaffordable and certainly undesirable, especially when the players have taken pay cuts.

Don't know the answer to this but a very concerning development.

On the one hand I was shocked at this news because I assumed players would be extra, extra careful off the field with protocols and all (and at this stage of course there is nothing to suggest they weren't), but on the other hand I wasn't at all shocked at this news because as a sport we are pushing our luck with a disease as easily spread as Covid.

The number of players though is alarming.  So far in this country the odd one or two have contracted the virus, usually because they've been partying, but not so many at once in one team.  That does suggest a failure in something somewhere.

Either way it's depressing.  Just when we were able to enjoy our sport again it looks like it may be taken away again and who knows if it can survive this?

2 minutes ago, Tonka said:

Why can’t the rest get tested, Salford get tested, only isolate any positive players then carry on?

Because it takes up to 14 days for symptoms to show so anyone who has been in close contact with an infected person for more than 15 minutes has to self isolate in case they spread the disease as it spreads before symptoms show.

I notice from reports that one Hull FC player who didn't actually play on Sunday also tested positive which suggests the problem is with Hull rather than Salford.  There is no way Salford can play for the next fortnight though and I'm sure all the players and their families are a bit nervous at the moment.

41 minutes ago, Saintslass said:

Because it takes up to 14 days for symptoms to show so anyone who has been in close contact with an infected person for more than 15 minutes has to self isolate in case they spread the disease as it spreads before symptoms show.

I notice from reports that one Hull FC player who didn't actually play on Sunday also tested positive which suggests the problem is with Hull rather than Salford.  There is no way Salford can play for the next fortnight though and I'm sure all the players and their families are a bit nervous at the moment.

Sure but you can be tested irrespective of symptoms.  I believe you need to buy that test as it’s only free on the NHS if you have symptoms, hence the 14 day isolation for incubation.

2 minutes ago, SL17 said:

They should have all been tested. Why would you need to isolate if tested negative?

It's because the test just shows if you have the virus at the time of your test.

It can't predict you will not have it the next day or the day after. 

21 minutes ago, SL17 said:

They should have all been tested. Why would you need to isolate if tested negative?

£5k a week clubs are reporting paying  on testing. 

How the hell do get 6/7 in the same squad in their respective bubbles?

They need to isolate because they are literally only 2 days past their potential contact with a person/persons with the virus. 

It can take up to 14 days for the virus to present itself in a test so 1 negative test after 2 days does not definitively mean they have not been infected.

50 minutes ago, SL17 said:

If they are tested weekly why would they have to isolate for two?

Are you genuinely unable to understand that the virus taking two weeks to show in a test potentially then means that one weeks negative test is not enough to rule out the chance that they have the virus.

This news indicates very irresponsible and reckless behavior by at least one Hull FC player, if not more. Whoever it was has put the whole competition, and the livelihoods of several hundred players and several hundred more staff members, at risk. It has also put the future of several clubs at risk. There has to be a serious investigation to determine who the culprit(s) is/are. Severe punishment has to be imposed.

3 hours ago, arcticchris said:

Are you genuinely unable to understand that the virus taking two weeks to show in a test potentially then means that one weeks negative test is not enough to rule out the chance that they have the virus.

Is that true? I thought it took up to two weeks for symptoms to present. I would have thought that the test could detect it earlier than that

Archived