Players breaching C-19 protocols (Merged Threads)

21 hours ago, Hullfan said:

Glad I never went to Carlos tuimavave's party after the game now. Them sheesha pipes been past around will have been covid heavy let me tell thee!!! 

My word, you never give up do you?

Whoever you think you're gonna impress on here, it ain't gonna happen.

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If that is true, IF, then it's a truly appaling state of affairs.  Every act has consequences and in this case, the player should have to cover the financial losses that others have incurred because of his irresponsible actions. I say again IF it's true. 

1 hour ago, JohnM said:

If that is true, IF, then it's a truly appaling state of affairs.  Every act has consequences and in this case, the player should have to cover the financial losses that others have incurred because of his irresponsible actions. I say again IF it's true. 

I don't think we need to go that far, but I'd certainly be looking at disciplinary procedures for this kind of thing. 

But this does then bring us back to the fact that Pearson seems to have released info which implicates a player, and could make people pretty angry. That ain't good. 

Surely each of our SL Clubs have been required to submit a Risk Assessment. Surely part of the Assessment would focus upon how the club would manage player interaction both inside & outside the recognised bubble. Surely the Assessment would identify player responsibility on what not to do. Surely this would include avoiding pubs, parties and the player advising close family members to not go mad all around town. Surely it would flag up a direct responsibility to inform the club immediately if they had any covid symptoms or needed to attend a medical facility/hospital... instead of just rocking up in the club car park?

3 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Three more players tested positive and one backroom staff member positive, too. 

Best wishes to them. 

If these are all shown to have followed the processes, we have a problem and that needs fixing quickly. 

If these haven't been following the processes, then stern words and maybe more needs to happen. 

All unnecessary contact should be taken out of the sport. I cringe every time I watch sport and they shake hands or hug or whatever - that part is unnecessary and additional contact for literally no reason. To my untrained eye it really doesn't look like the docs and physios are protecting themselves and others too well either. 

2 minutes ago, Dave T said:

If these are all shown to have followed the processes, we have a problem and that needs fixing quickly. 

If these haven't been following the processes, then stern words and maybe more needs to happen. 

All unnecessary contact should be taken out of the sport. I cringe every time I watch sport and they shake hands or hug or whatever - that part is unnecessary and additional contact for literally no reason. To my untrained eye it really doesn't look like the docs and physios are protecting themselves and others too well either. 

From the comments from the likes of Simon Woolford it seems like the problem is a lack of strict clarity centrally. We cannot afford to let things like these simply come down to "common sense" and "trust". There has to be clear guidelines and rules of conduct. 

That said I don't mind the hand shaking etc given that they've just been tackling eachother for the previous 80 minutes.

24 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

From the comments from the likes of Simon Woolford it seems like the problem is a lack of strict clarity centrally. We cannot afford to let things like these simply come down to "common sense" and "trust". There has to be clear guidelines and rules of conduct. 

That said I don't mind the hand shaking etc given that they've just been tackling eachother for the previous 80 minutes.

Maybe, but the clubs all have Doctors that can help advise as well as their own capabilities in their heads for minimising risk.

Simon Woolford comments seemed to be about helping him and his club convince the players to follow the club advice - he was saying that advice from RFL would helped him convince his players.

In other words they had stricter protocols, which all clubs could do.   Whilst central RFL advise may help it shouldn't really be needed.... unless as always people look to blame whatever authority they can to reflect away criticism... 

21 minutes ago, redjonn said:

Maybe, but the clubs all have Doctors that can help advise as well as their own capabilities in their heads for minimising risk.

Simon Woolford comments seemed to be about helping him and his club convince the players to follow the club advice - he was saying that advice from RFL would helped him convince his players.

In other words they had stricter protocols, which all clubs could do.   Whilst central RFL advise may help it shouldn't really be needed.... unless as always people look to blame whatever authority they can to reflect away criticism... 

Its more to cover the sports back, there's no point leaving any grey areas as the effects could be catastrophic.

1 hour ago, redjonn said:

I guess good news from this is that the rugby match contact doesn't seem to have passed the infection on-wards... although assuming that that the next two tests of Salford are AO

Two possibilities. Playing Rugby League even against 10 COVID positive players is quite safe.

Or the Hull contingent caught the virus after the game.

3 hours ago, redjonn said:

Central to football, in this case RL, is discipline.  Someone needs to tell that to Hull FC in particular and RL in general. 

1 hour ago, DimmestStar said:

Two possibilities. Playing Rugby League even against 10 COVID positive players is quite safe.

Or the Hull contingent caught the virus after the game.

Given that one of the original players who tested positive didn't even PLAY in that game, your second sentence simply cannot be accurate surely?

34 minutes ago, Saintslass said:

Given that one of the original players who tested positive didn't even PLAY in that game, your second sentence simply cannot be accurate surely?

Scott Taylor was the player who went in on the Friday to see the physio (pal of mine, D. Ferguson) then passed it on!!! 

Sheesha pipe partyyyyy!! 

19 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Unbelievable if it's true that a player did turn up at the club with symptoms....

The fact not a single person at Salford has tested positive (after been tested twice) shows the virus was picked up by a Hull player after the Salford game.

Pearson doesn’t want to say it’s thought the virus came into the club from the players going out drinking after the game, that would attract criticism. Nobody is going to criticise someone going to see their newborn, but the virus clearly wasn’t circulating prior to the Salford game.

Archived