Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Hela Wigmen

Players breaching C-19 protocols (Merged Threads)

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Three more players tested positive and one backroom staff member positive, too. 

Best wishes to them. 

They can’t have been training in bubbles then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dave T said:

If these are all shown to have followed the processes, we have a problem and that needs fixing quickly. 

If these haven't been following the processes, then stern words and maybe more needs to happen. 

All unnecessary contact should be taken out of the sport. I cringe every time I watch sport and they shake hands or hug or whatever - that part is unnecessary and additional contact for literally no reason. To my untrained eye it really doesn't look like the docs and physios are protecting themselves and others too well either. 

From the comments from the likes of Simon Woolford it seems like the problem is a lack of strict clarity centrally. We cannot afford to let things like these simply come down to "common sense" and "trust". There has to be clear guidelines and rules of conduct. 

That said I don't mind the hand shaking etc given that they've just been tackling eachother for the previous 80 minutes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

From the comments from the likes of Simon Woolford it seems like the problem is a lack of strict clarity centrally. We cannot afford to let things like these simply come down to "common sense" and "trust". There has to be clear guidelines and rules of conduct. 

That said I don't mind the hand shaking etc given that they've just been tackling eachother for the previous 80 minutes.

Maybe, but the clubs all have Doctors that can help advise as well as their own capabilities in their heads for minimising risk.

Simon Woolford comments seemed to be about helping him and his club convince the players to follow the club advice - he was saying that advice from RFL would helped him convince his players.

In other words they had stricter protocols, which all clubs could do.   Whilst central RFL advise may help it shouldn't really be needed.... unless as always people look to blame whatever authority they can to reflect away criticism... 

Edited by redjonn
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess good news from this is that the rugby match contact doesn't seem to have passed the infection on-wards... although assuming that that the next two tests of Salford are AO

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, redjonn said:

Maybe, but the clubs all have Doctors that can help advise as well as their own capabilities in their heads for minimising risk.

Simon Woolford comments seemed to be about helping him and his club convince the players to follow the club advice - he was saying that advice from RFL would helped him convince his players.

In other words they had stricter protocols, which all clubs could do.   Whilst central RFL advise may help it shouldn't really be needed.... unless as always people look to blame whatever authority they can to reflect away criticism... 

Its more to cover the sports back, there's no point leaving any grey areas as the effects could be catastrophic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, redjonn said:

I guess good news from this is that the rugby match contact doesn't seem to have passed the infection on-wards... although assuming that that the next two tests of Salford are AO

I was thinking this too, surely that’s a positive!

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, redjonn said:

I guess good news from this is that the rugby match contact doesn't seem to have passed the infection on-wards... although assuming that that the next two tests of Salford are AO

Two possibilities. Playing Rugby League even against 10 COVID positive players is quite safe.

Or the Hull contingent caught the virus after the game.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, redjonn said:

Maybe, but the clubs all have Doctors that can help advise as well as their own capabilities in their heads for minimising risk.

Simon Woolford comments seemed to be about helping him and his club convince the players to follow the club advice - he was saying that advice from RFL would helped him convince his players.

In other words they had stricter protocols, which all clubs could do.   Whilst central RFL advise may help it shouldn't really be needed.... unless as always people look to blame whatever authority they can to reflect away criticism... 

Central to football, in this case RL, is discipline.  Someone needs to tell that to Hull FC in particular and RL in general. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DimmestStar said:

Two possibilities. Playing Rugby League even against 10 COVID positive players is quite safe.

Or the Hull contingent caught the virus after the game.

Given that one of the original players who tested positive didn't even PLAY in that game, your second sentence simply cannot be accurate surely?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Saintslass said:

Given that one of the original players who tested positive didn't even PLAY in that game, your second sentence simply cannot be accurate surely?

Scott Taylor was the player who went in on the Friday to see the physio (pal of mine, D. Ferguson) then passed it on!!! 

Sheesha pipe partyyyyy!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Unbelievable if it's true that a player did turn up at the club with symptoms....

 

The fact not a single person at Salford has tested positive (after been tested twice) shows the virus was picked up by a Hull player after the Salford game.

Pearson doesn’t want to say it’s thought the virus came into the club from the players going out drinking after the game, that would attract criticism. Nobody is going to criticise someone going to see their newborn, but the virus clearly wasn’t circulating prior to the Salford game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

12 positive at Hull and 0 positive at Salford. Common sense says the teams didn’t play each other when they were contaminated.

There is plenty of evidence to show that the vrius passes person to person les easily outdoors. Of course, the players from the opposing teams were in far closer contact than those maintaining a social distance outdoors.

But we simply don't have enough evidence at this stage to say for sure if the Hull players had the virus during the game or not... we may never know; but we cannot just assume they did not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

 

But we simply don't have enough evidence at this stage to say for sure if the Hull players had the virus during the game or not... we may never know; but we cannot just assume they did not.

I actually know a colleague who has spent time as a research nurse in virology. I will ask their opinion. But, i am fairly comfortable that given the close bodily contact the players had, its fair to make such an assumption under those circumstances....

There really is enough evidence to form that hypothesis.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Equally we can’t assume it was picked up from a player visiting a hospital 

I agree.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

I actually know a colleague who has spent time as a research nurse in virology. I will ask their opinion. But, i am fairly comfortable that given the close bodily contact the players had, its fair to make such an assumption under those circumstances....

There really is enough evidence to form that hypothesis.

 

If that is the case then why did we eliminate the scrum if close contact in the tackle was going to transmit the virus?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dunbar said:

If that is the case then why did we eliminate the scrum if close contact in the tackle was going to transmit the virus?

Ask Sl for a definitive answer.

My guess is part of a risk assessment ...  i.e. eliminating the scrum reduces the risk, not eliminating it.......

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Robin Evans said:

Ask Sl for a definitive answer.

My guess is part of a risk assessment ...  i.e. eliminating the scrum reduces the risk, not eliminating it.......

As I say. Note enough evidence to come to any conclusions yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dunbar said:

As I say. Note enough evidence to come to any conclusions yet.

I suspect a virologist may disagree. I've left a voicemail. I will advise accordingly 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

I suspect a virologist may disagree. I've left a voicemail. I will advise accordingly 

I will tell you what your virologist friend will say. That there is not enough evidence to say one way or the other if the Hull players had the virus during the game.

There have been over 21 million confirmed cases of this virus worldwide and we are still learning about it.  Scientists do not form conclusions on such small bodies of evidence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One opinion from June (obviously football = the American version) 

 

Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, cast doubt on football returning in 2020 without having all teams report to one solitary location.

“Unless players are essentially in a bubble — insulated from the community and they are tested every day — it would be very hard to see how football is able to be played this fall,” Fauci told CNN. “If there is a second wave, which is certainly a possibility and which could be complicated by the predictable flu season, football may not happen this year.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...