Ian Lenaghan - London Broncos

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reports are that Lenagan is bidding for the stadium but not the soccer club.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

2 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Looks like London, Toronto, Hull kr and Wakefield are all in trouble if they can’t find new investors 

Source?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, Man of Kent said:

Any truth in rumours that Broncos and Skolars could merge?

Not sure what would be gained.. A lot of us go to both sets of games.... I suspect / know most Skolars fans go to Broncos games anyway 

That said I suppose New River would become the ground and could be devoloped though it is a community stadium as far as I am aware? 

I'll be following them wherever as always... I'm used to moving around with the Broncos anyway 

10 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Not sure what would be gained.. A lot of us go to both sets of games.... I suspect / know most Skolars fans go to Broncos games anyway 

That said I suppose New River would become the ground and could be devoloped though it is a community stadium as far as I am aware? 

I'll be following them wherever as always... I'm used to moving around with the Broncos anyway 

What is being said I really do like Ealing, has that rugby club feel to it every time I go there I really enjoy myself.

New river is horrible 

Paul

54 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

It’s in one of the recent threads. You’ll have to trawl through it.

You should know by now that the other place is the home of, the Truth, The half-truth and nothing like it...

As members of the new London Broncos Supporters Club get discounted admission to Skolars games in 2021 It would suggest no merger.

That's not to say that there is nothing being worked on at present or that there are not economies of scale that would benefit both clubs. People have to be patient here

And No the club is not going part-time from what I understand, for starters may of the current squad are contractedf for 2021 on a full time basis.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

8 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

There’s a rumour, as yet unconfirmed, that Lenegan is attempting to block potential new owners of Wigan Athletic so he can buy them at a reduced rate which would give him a chance of buying the DW for £2.5m. 

Better be careful what you say. If the rumours are those which have appeared about the administrators and their disposal of the club, they’re likely to be subject to legal proceedings for apparent breach of confidential matters. In any event what you say is completely outside of Ian Lenagan’s abilities. He can block no one.

030910105148.jpg

http://www.wiganstpats.org

Producing Players Since 1910

3 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Looks like London, Toronto, Hull kr and Wakefield are all in trouble if they can’t find new investors 

What do you base this tosh on ? Broncos have fed off Hughes' ££££ for years. It's not something new. Broncos will cut their cloth to suit in these uncertain times, and whilst an investor would be brilliant, not the end if none forthcoming. 

1 hour ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Where? I’ve looked at the Broncos one and I can’t see anything suggesting so. 

I’ve done a content search for the word “Skolars” and I can’t find it.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

13 minutes ago, Magic XIII said:

What do you base this tosh on ? Broncos have fed off Hughes' ££££ for years. It's not something new. Broncos will cut their cloth to suit in these uncertain times, and whilst an investor would be brilliant, not the end if none forthcoming. 

Well the KR chairman is retiring/ leaving.  (BBC)

Toronto are looking for a backer.

Its worrying about KR.  If someone was in the pipeline, one would have expected the resignation to be linked with a new owner.

Archived