Ian Lenaghan - London Broncos

3 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Aye that's the one, rolling in it now - have a squad bigger than Leedstone in 2021, that's if we aren't in SL btw

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Why make it up indeed?

If you guys can’t be bothered then that’s not my problem.

People have looked. There’s nothing. You’ve been asked to provide a link and all you’ve said is “it’s their somewhere” which indicates you don’t have a link to it at all and even if there was a link to it, the fact that nobody can find it suggests that the rumour has no legs to it at all as it’s hidden away amongst many other posts. 

2 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

What is being said I really do like Ealing, has that rugby club feel to it every time I go there I really enjoy myself.

New river is horrible 

Paul

Yes but Broncos don't get the bar takings, can't develop the site etc... It isn't there's 

Not sure if New River is possible is but there is plenty of room around the pitch to develop

24 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

People have looked. There’s nothing. You’ve been asked to provide a link and all you’ve said is “it’s their somewhere” which indicates you don’t have a link to it at all and even if there was a link to it, the fact that nobody can find it suggests that the rumour has no legs to it at all as it’s hidden away amongst many other posts. 

Correct but still a rumour!

5 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

You have made it up. You’ve been called out for it. You look more silly than the time you tried to count a Toronto crowd on TV. Oliver will be pleased with that. 

You still haven’t found it, then. Bit of a slow reader? It’s OK, I’ll wait.

18 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

You still haven’t found it, then. Bit of a slow reader? It’s OK, I’ll wait.

It is up to you to provide the evidence.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Are we on about Michael Danson? He's bought between 25% & 50% of Lenagan Investments Ltd, which in turn owns something like 85% of the Wigan RL Club. 

Ann Lenagan also recently given increased ownership of Lenagan Investments to between  25% & 50%. 

Somethings going on. 

2 minutes ago, Smudger06 said:

Are we on about Michael Danson? He's bought between 25% & 50% of Lenagan Investments Ltd, which in turn owns something like 85% of the Wigan RL Club. 

Ann Lenagan also recently given increased ownership of Lenagan Investments to between  25% & 50%. 

Somethings going on. 

Yeah something's afoot. Could it be that he's decreasing his ownership so that he is able to takeover London? If I remember correctly if you have more than 85% in one club you can't be a majority shareholder in another which is why he left London. 

So if Ann Lenaghan now owns 50% and Michael Danson owns the other 50% he is now free to takeover London Broncos again. 

Could all be wishful thinking on my part though. 

3 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

Yeah something's afoot. Could it be that he's decreasing his ownership so that he is able to takeover London? If I remember correctly if you have more than 85% in one club you can't be a majority shareholder in another which is why he left London. 

So if Ann Lenaghan now owns 50% and Michael Danson owns the other 50% he is now free to takeover London Broncos again. 

Looks like he will be taking on another Club, could be London Broncos, could be Toronto Wolfpack, could be A.N Other, there'd be no reason to give ownership of Wigan to the missus except to for a RL Club. 

4 minutes ago, Smudger06 said:

Looks like he will be taking on another Club, could be London Broncos, could be Toronto Wolfpack, could be A.N Other, there'd be no reason to give ownership of Wigan to the missus except to for a RL Club. 

Fingers crossed it's London. I would be shocked if he had anything to do with Toronto 

1 minute ago, The Daddy said:

Fingers crossed it's London. I would be shocked if he had anything to do with Toronto 

Yeah that would be mad, depends how much Danson has given him, maybe stipulated most of the funds from buying his stake go into Lenagan making TWP work? Danson probably got more vision, wealth and contacts than even Caddick.......?!? 

27 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

Why would he takeover London?

1 hour ago, Smudger06 said:

Yeah that would be mad, depends how much Danson has given him, maybe stipulated most of the funds from buying his stake go into Lenagan making TWP work? Danson probably got more vision, wealth and contacts than even Caddick.......?!? 

Is he related to Jane Danson off Corrie?

8 hours ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

You should know by now that the other place is the home of, the Truth, The half-truth and nothing like it...

As members of the new London Broncos Supporters Club get discounted admission to Skolars games in 2021 It would suggest no merger.

That's not to say that there is nothing being worked on at present or that there are not economies of scale that would benefit both clubs. People have to be patient here

And No the club is not going part-time from what I understand, for starters may of the current squad are contractedf for 2021 on a full time basis.

There's a loudmouthed club employee on the other forum who stated that going part-time is one option for next season.

It would be a disaster, as far as I'm concerned. We struggle to get players to move to London as it is, going part-time would make it next to impossible. As good as the academy is we simply don't produce enough players to fill an entire squad.

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

4 hours ago, nadera78 said:

There's a loudmouthed club employee on the other forum who stated that going part-time is one option for next season.

I'm no apologist for the said employee, BUT its the first time a LB employee has engaged with fans, keeping us as up to date as he can. A seismic shift for me. You may, on occasion,  not like his style or his tone but he is facing a lot of skepticism built up over many years, so sometimes gets a little defensive. So what, we are all grown ups. He's offered his email regularly, giving those who want a personal audience the chance.

Would you prefer it reverts back to how it was and we are treated like mushrooms ?

57 minutes ago, Magic XIII said:

I'm no apologist for the said employee, BUT its the first time a LB employee has engaged with fans, keeping us as up to date as he can. A seismic shift for me. You may, on occasion,  not like his style or his tone but he is facing a lot of skepticism built up over many years, so sometimes gets a little defensive. So what, we are all grown ups. He's offered his email regularly, giving those who want a personal audience the chance.

Would you prefer it reverts back to how it was and we are treated like mushrooms ?

I would prefer him to behave with a little professionalism. Before he took on a full time role at the club he was connected via a kit manufacturer, and he spent a lot of time on that forum trolling people. He has occasionally, in recent months, presented himself much more professionally but it only takes someone to ask a fairly innocuous question and he reverts to type.

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Archived