Ian Lenaghan - London Broncos

The merger issue did appear on the Broncos forum. Said Broncos employee posted a message saying he'd been working late briefing Skolars. Someone then replied something like "are we merging with Skolars?" That was it 

I see no reason to believe the two London teams will merge and see very little benefit. The stadium hold some potential appeal - it could be redeveloped as a London RL hub - but Skolars don't own it so no need to merge to move there.

More importantly neither the RFL or Broncos have the money that development would require. The site is also used by a non league football team, rugby union team and high standard athletics team (unless any have moved out) and any redevelopment would probably have to factor them in. In short, it probably won't happen in my lifetime.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Yeah, must be that, Billy B*****t. 

Did you hear that Batley and Dewsbury are merging, too? 

Who told you?

It was supposed to be a closely guarded secret.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

3 hours ago, Ivarr the Boneless said:

The merger issue did appear on the Broncos forum. Said Broncos employee posted a message saying he'd been working late briefing Skolars. Someone then replied something like "are we merging with Skolars?" That was it 

I see no reason to believe the two London teams will merge and see very little benefit. The stadium hold some potential appeal - it could be redeveloped as a London RL hub - but Skolars don't own it so no need to merge to move there.

More importantly neither the RFL or Broncos have the money that development would require. The site is also used by a non league football team, rugby union team and high standard athletics team (unless any have moved out) and any redevelopment would probably have to factor them in. In short, it probably won't happen in my lifetime.

That's a but vague though, doesn't really mean anything 

19 hours ago, The Daddy said:

Yeah something's afoot. Could it be that he's decreasing his ownership so that he is able to takeover London? If I remember correctly if you have more than 85% in one club you can't be a majority shareholder in another which is why he left London. 

So if Ann Lenaghan now owns 50% and Michael Danson owns the other 50% he is now free to takeover London Broncos again. 

Could all be wishful thinking on my part though. 

Why do you keep rolling this nonsense out?

22 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Why make it up indeed?

If you guys can’t be bothered then that’s not my problem.

find it for them and prove you're not just making up nonsense. 

22 hours ago, nadera78 said:

I would prefer him to behave with a little professionalism. Before he took on a full time role at the club he was connected via a kit manufacturer, and he spent a lot of time on that forum trolling people. He has occasionally, in recent months, presented himself much more professionally but it only takes someone to ask a fairly innocuous question and he reverts to type.

I should point out that some of the posters from the other forum are actually now on the Official Supportes Club Committee and from my knowledge of some of the long standing club supporters who have been elected,  I very much doubt that they would be backward in coming forward if they felt there wre issues the cklub needs to address. It's a forum for communication with the fans, something that the club has been crying out for since the Lenargan / Hogg era.

As for the reaction of the few, sports clubs like religious and political groupings became more ideologiocal and prone to split the smaller they shrink. For the faithful, it becomes "their" club and they and their views, and their views only are the truth and the way forward. This expresses itself in hostility to outsiders and all those who refuse to acknowledge the true faith they expouse because deep down they kind of iike being part of a small but exclusive group

Regarding trolling - it is a game of opinions is it not - One man's troll is another's informed opinion, especially on this forum...

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

23 hours ago, Ivarr the Boneless said:

The merger issue did appear on the Broncos forum. Said Broncos employee posted a message saying he'd been working late briefing Skolars. Someone then replied something like "are we merging with Skolars?" That was it.

So someone could be bothered to find it. Good man. 

On 25/08/2020 at 12:36, nadera78 said:

There's a loudmouthed club employee on the other forum who stated that going part-time is one option for next season.

It would be a disaster, as far as I'm concerned. We struggle to get players to move to London as it is, going part-time would make it next to impossible. As good as the academy is we simply don't produce enough players to fill an entire squad.

Yeah that would be James Milner, from the failed JM Sports UK. Took money from fans without manufacturing merchandise, did the dirty on a few minnow nations/teams , his store in Hull went belly up, absolute c*** of a bloke. 

Scored a job with BSK I think before landing a gig with Broncos. 

He has mouthed off on forums plenty of times. I’m surprised Broncos hired him. 

20 hours ago, The Daddy said:

You've trolled me on one forum now you've come over to TRL with the same bs. Do me a favour and p**s o** 

I’ve not trolled you I’m just concerned that your fertile imagination is running away with itself on multiple sites. 

I’ve not heard anything about a merger. It wouldn’t be a merger really,  it would be a take over of Skolars. The two London clubs need to work closely together (as they generally do) and continue links with amateur ones. RL in London does need an injection of money. At best we’re treading water. Skolars looked hard for investors but with no luck. We have links with Wigan (hence Capital Challenge) for what it’s worth? 

59 minutes ago, Wire quin said:

I’ve not trolled you I’m just concerned that your fertile imagination is running away with itself on multiple sites. 

Discussion forums are for discussions if you don't like that concept then stay away from them 

I heard a rumour that Skolors were going to change to Harp Lager and move to Dublin.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Archived