Ben Kaye in

Piggy's mate

Excellent signing. I remember Ben Black was a very good Fax import too, let's hope for the same from Ben

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Just now, Piggy's mate said:

Excellent signing. I remember Ben Black was a very good Fax import too, let's hope for the same from Ben

Agree. There's our 2 hookers( so to speak). 

Good signing. 

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

Always caused us problems playing against. Should be fresh and hungry.

Welcome ben

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

BRILL, a great signing,and a player that will bring plenty of attacking moves with pace,kinda the player have always though(why cant we have him) when hes been elsewere.build round him for next few seasons and i cant wait for some action now.top marks to the whole BOD.            UP THE DOGS.:kolobok_wild:

Another announcement at tea-time, maybe a re-signing? If we can bring in 2 more new ones of the quality we've got, it's looking good. Put this in your diary for posterity..Phildog says he's happy!!

3 hours ago, silverback said:

BRILL, a great signing,and a player that will bring plenty of attacking moves with pace,kinda the player have always though(why cant we have him) when hes been elsewere.build round him for next few seasons and i cant wait for some action now.top marks to the whole BOD.            UP THE DOGS.:kolobok_wild:

Ben Kaye is a great bloke to have around the place, enthusiasm by the bag load. With regards to him as a player when we released him in 2019 to be honest I thought it were at least 1 season after it should have happened, maybe even 2. I hate to say it but he certainly wont bring any pace around the play the ball and I thought our attack was stiffled when we had him on the field to give Moore a breather but that said he is a really tough defender and once again a good bloke to have around the place.

4 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Ben Kaye is a great bloke to have around the place, enthusiasm by the bag load. With regards to him as a player when we released him in 2019 to be honest I thought it were at least 1 season after it should have happened, maybe even 2. I hate to say it but he certainly wont bring any pace around the play the ball and I thought our attack was stiffled when we had him on the field to give Moore a breather but that said he is a really tough defender and once again a good bloke to have around the place.

You seem bitter against everyone who leaves Fax... 🤔 😂 

Ben Kaye is a top player on his day maybe having a year out and having a rest and doing abit of bodybuilding will of helped him and revived his career and drive in the game 

5 hours ago, silverback said:

Forget the pace! Lol!

13 hours ago, Keep The Faith said:

You seem bitter against everyone who leaves Fax... 🤔 😂 

Ben Kaye is a top player on his day maybe having a year out and having a rest and doing abit of bodybuilding will of helped him and revived his career and drive in the game 

Why am I bitter? Ben Kaye is a really good bloke and its not like you have signed him from us. If my team signs a player then I would want to know other peoples opinions of him. Read just about any post Ive made about him on the Fax board dating back 2 or 3 seasons and I have said exactly the same as what I said above. 

Fight fight fight

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

3 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Blues Ox is pretty much spot on here. Kaye will be an asset to Batley because of the "intangibles", the enthusiasm he shows etc, he'll find something to celebrate 50 times a game. He's solid defensively too. The guy who thinks he'll "bring plenty of attacking moves with pace" probably hasn't seen him play too much though.

i dident mean he would go length a field a few times a game, but what have seen him do that we aint for a while is see a gap and break thru and hopefully we will have someone at his side to get a few yards up field.hes ripped us to shreds many a time with chips thru and even if its just shorts bursts of power like hes done for years he will make things happen that one or two of our lads dont seem to do.and have seen him play a lot a games over the years and always thought he would do for us,infact i would a liked kainey and kaye at same time 4 years ago if had a won pools.

51 minutes ago, silverback said:

i dident mean he would go length a field a few times a game, but what have seen him do that we aint for a while is see a gap and break thru and hopefully we will have someone at his side to get a few yards up field.hes ripped us to shreds many a time with chips thru and even if its just shorts bursts of power like hes done for years he will make things happen that one or two of our lads dont seem to do.and have seen him play a lot a games over the years and always thought he would do for us,infact i would a liked kainey and kaye at same time 4 years ago if had a won pools.

That entire description is certainly accurate for Kain at his peak, but this image you have of of Benny Kaye ripping teams to shreds and doing chips through...🤔Like I say, he's a good signing for you though.

Yeah I wonder if Silverback is getting mixed up, that description is not Ben Kaye. Can't ever remember him kicking for us, might have been once in a blue moon and he may do the odd run from acting half but can't remember what you would call a clean break. Maybe its Moore who has ripped you to shreds for us, won't be Kaye. Again though I wouldnt want Kaye in my team for his attack. I would want him in my team for his rock solid defence and his enthusiasm. That will rub off on your players and there is nowt better than seeing him celebrate a big tackle or even a solid defensive set.

Archived