Derek Beaumont on the bbc

Very good interview not only does he talk about his club, but what is not happening and should be in the game as a whole. 

Very refreshing if you are a Leigh fan that he says "what I budgeted to spend this year I will add to next year's and it will all be spent on building the squad, all the target players are SL we will not be looking to recruit from other Championship clubs"

13 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Let's hope that some of these guy's don't have their ambition taken away with a return to the closed shop, I fear we will not be seeing much of their brass should that happen.

This is in SL CEO's hands Harry.  Hopefully they will commit to the bigger picture but, as a collective, I don't have confidence they will.

1 minute ago, Lowdesert said:

This is in SL CEO's hands Harry.  Hopefully they will commit to the bigger picture but, as a collective, I don't have confidence they will.

DB has had his chance, Leigh went up got hammered by everyone,  Came back down and went bust with DB then threatening to take his ball home. 
Don’t fall for this double glazing sales guys sweet talk. 

18 minutes ago, Wire quin said:

DB has had his chance, Leigh went up got hammered by everyone,  Came back down and went bust with DB then threatening to take his ball home. 

Don't think this post can be any more wrong.

They didn't get hammered every week. They didn't go bust....  unless of course you can post a link on here saying leigh went bust?

1 minute ago, Wire quin said:

I don't think that was the case at all. 

We are not privy to the pressures that reduced cashflows and  calculated risks bring when they don't come off.  Financial stress is the worst type and uncomfortable decisions need making.  No doubt DB has shot him mouth off

No matter what DB and Koukash have done in the past doesn't detract from the fact that they were willing to put money in.  Koukash actually wanted to put more money in than RFL would allow.

DB has seen an opportunity to gain promotion recently and done everything he can to gain it.  That will have cost him, especially if it had come off.  

If he is double glazing these deckings then we do have a problem though.

43 minutes ago, Wire quin said:

We beat your lot once and but for the bounce of a ball at the HJ it would have been twice, never the less we didn't get the sympathy that Wire received because they had a few player's injured, Leigh actually fielded 37 player's that season and still only finished 2 places below Wire.

Didn't go bust the next season spent 1.67M on the squad, paid them very well and they wiped their R'se on the shirt with no interest, and off course employed Kieron Cunningham the biggest mistake any SL club has ever made.

5 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

No matter what DB and Koukash have done in the past doesn't detract from the fact that they were willing to put money in.  Koukash actually wanted to put more money in than RFL would allow.

Where are the Cumbrian Lakers and the Liverpool team the "good" Doctor was bulling up not too long ago?

13 minutes ago, RigbyLuger said:

Where are the Cumbrian Lakers and the Liverpool team the "good" Doctor was bulling up not too long ago?

Bit of an oddball comment as I don’t know the relevance of all that but my reference to Koukash was that he was willing to put money in.  

On the OP, I’ve watched him on TV and Backchat.  Both times he came across well.

Once he gets near Twitter that’s when things change.

5 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

What do you think will happen LD?

And what do you envisage will be the consequences of such an action?

I think several clubs are too close to financial crisis to vote TWP in.  If they can fund themselves, produce a bond or ‘licence’ fee, give the benefits they offered before (accommodation, food etc) and are willing to wait, say, until 2022 for full membership, they have a shout. 

I think it’ll go to 14 clubs either way.

6 hours ago, Wire quin said:

Apart from wigan saints and wire.

4 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

I think several clubs are too close to financial crisis to vote TWP in.  If they can fund themselves, produce a bond or ‘licence’ fee, give the benefits they offered before (accommodation, food etc) and are willing to wait, say, until 2022 for full membership, they have a shout. 

I think it’ll go to 14 clubs either way.

I probably didn't make my question clear LD, my question was not relating to TWP but my concern that people such as Mr Beaumont would walk if we went back to a closed shop which you answered. If you look back on this page you can see discussion, I am still interested in your opinion.

15 hours ago, Wire quin said:

Hammered by everyone ? , Like Warrington ? 😂

We didn't go bust , he told the players to find other clubs , and most did , like Bodine Thompson who went to Warrington 

By all means dislike him , but don't insult his commitment to RL 

9 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

I probably didn't make my question clear LD, my question was not relating to TWP but my concern that people such as Mr Beaumont would walk if we went back to a closed shop which you answered. If you look back on this page you can see discussion, I am still interested in your opinion.

Sorry about that.  

No, I don’t think so. I believe there is still plenty of interest in Leigh battling at the top of the championship for him. I doubt it will become a closed shop (set term) too soon anyway.  Maybe 3 years.

Nothing controversial, just my opinion.  I think we are looking at a different strategy from SL after the TWP shenanigans. 

9 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Hammered by everyone ? , Like Warrington ? 😂

We didn't go bust , he told the players to find other clubs , and most did , like Bodine Thompson who went to Warrington 

By all means dislike him , but don't insult his commitment to RL 

Is that any different to Toronto now?

Archived