Swinton Lions

1 hour ago, sweaty craiq said:

In a great position. Furloughed staff, took sky, season ticket, sponsors and transfer money from Wire with no need to rent sales facility to play. Will probably go FT in 2021 on what was saved in 2020

Can you post that again in English? 

19 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

Took most of their seasons income that was bolstered by the Matty Ashton transfer money and paid their players via furlough - will be quids in like most Champ clubs are

Like yours? I would find it hard to describe many clubs in the Championship as 'quids in.'

20 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

Took most of their seasons income that was bolstered by the Matty Ashton transfer money and paid their players via furlough - will be quids in like most Champ clubs are

Stop advertising your ignorance.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

1 hour ago, sweaty craiq said:

Only those that don't have their own grounds to maintain, such as Leigh.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, distantdog said:

Like yours? I would find it hard to describe many clubs in the Championship as 'quids in.'

All I know is that the 10% of season ticket holders at Leigh who requested a refund got it back within a week, how many Champ clubs have been whingeing about being skint btw - the SL clubs are being hit and hurt not Champ ones

3 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

All I know is that the 10% of season ticket holders at Leigh who requested a refund got it back within a week, how many Champ clubs have been whingeing about being skint btw - the SL clubs are being hit and hurt not Champ ones

I have no idea, I can only speak on behalf of my own club, unlike you. You seem to have a direct link to the finances of all clubs. 

It is no secret that my own club is finding it hard, but the supporters are rallying round as they always do. Season ticket holders who want a refund will get one, are you suggesting that they won't? 

11 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

Does mount unpleasant even get cut in good times??

You really must let this dislike of my club go. It can't be healthy and you just show yourself up as a monumental ignoramus!

If you want to educate yourself about the state of my club, pay a visit to the website and catch up with the weekly messages our chairman gives. 

2 hours ago, distantdog said:

You really must let this dislike of my club go. It can't be healthy and you just show yourself up as a monumental ignoramus!

If you want to educate yourself about the state of my club, pay a visit to the website and catch up with the weekly messages our chairman gives. 

Plenty time for your Chairman and his passion for Batley RLFC

You need to understand when the digs start - you can apologise at leisure.

Archived