Growth of the game

3 hours ago, The Rocket said:

Couple of things I wanted to clarify please.

Is X-League the same or similar as what Pedant described as `Ladies League Tag` ( I am not casting aspersions) which is played in NSW  involving:

*   full sized field;

*   11 a side;

*   goal kicking;

*   RL scoring system;

*   no restrictions on kicking in general play;

Like what you said about X-League, Tackle RL without the tackle.

The reason that I ask these questions is because I am trying to clarify in my own mind that if a non-contact version of the game was introduced into the RLWC which would be the best version. I do like the sound of the above model, 11 players would open up the field a little, yet being played on a full sized field, I think would look great, especially if you consider the type of athletes it would attract.

As you said it would be like tackle but without the tackle, and I think that is what we should aim for.

Second Question. The `try tag rugby` is affiliated to RLF development? I am a bit confused with that , because I keep on hearing that all these competitions are mostly associated with union, to the point where Pedant said that the next TryTag Rugby WC held in Ireland will be all about union with League not even getting a mention. Is this why you have formed X-League? to wrest back this form of the code to League, where it rightfully belongs.  

Thank You.

https://www.rugby-league.com/get_involved/play Also regarding Try Tag Rugby on the RFL website TTR falls under the play section along with X-league and the full contact versions 

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived