Happy 125th Birthday TGG

Prince Harry hosts zoom quiz to honour 125th birthday:

Much of the world might still be in lockdown, but that doesn't mean that we can't celebrate special occasions. In honor of Rugby League's 125th birthday, Prince Harry "hosted a special birthday quiz" for the organization, per a press release, and also "spoke with players, coaches, and volunteers" via video chat.

The Duke of Sussex revealed that he was particularly proud of the way in which the sport continues to draw people together, even during difficult times such as the pandemic. According to a press release, he then proceeded to lead "the group in a just-for-fun 'set of six' quiz to help celebrate the sport’s 125th birthday." We can't think of a better person to host a birthday quiz, tbh.

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celebrity/latest/a33838518/prince-harry-birthday-quiz-rugby-league-video/

Shame we can't make more of this. One of very few sports that can identify exactly how long it has existed. Happy birthday all.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

2 hours ago, Damien said:

Prince Harry hosts zoom quiz to honour 125th birthday:

Much of the world might still be in lockdown, but that doesn't mean that we can't celebrate special occasions. In honor of Rugby League's 125th birthday, Prince Harry "hosted a special birthday quiz" for the organization, per a press release, and also "spoke with players, coaches, and volunteers" via video chat.

The Duke of Sussex revealed that he was particularly proud of the way in which the sport continues to draw people together, even during difficult times such as the pandemic. According to a press release, he then proceeded to lead "the group in a just-for-fun 'set of six' quiz to help celebrate the sport’s 125th birthday." We can't think of a better person to host a birthday quiz, tbh.

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celebrity/latest/a33838518/prince-harry-birthday-quiz-rugby-league-video/

Speaking from his Santa Barbara mansion, The Duke of Sussex said: "We've got a whole Rugby League world cup coming next year.

"I definitely plan on coming back. I would have been back already had it not been for Covid."

Harry went on to express his love for the game, and said the sport had "thrived" since its birth in 1895.

He said: "Watching Rugby League is exhausting.

"Listen I spent 10 years in the army, I know what endurance is all about. But it's madness.

"Full respect to anyone that plays the game, I think it's amazing, and a lot of people would be jealous not to be part of that community."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12531883/prince-harry-coronavirus-uk-vows-to-fly-home-rugby-league/

www.twitter.com/flyingking2

1 hour ago, flyingking said:

Speaking from his Santa Barbara mansion, The Duke of Sussex said: "We've got a whole Rugby League world cup coming next year.

"I definitely plan on coming back. I would have been back already had it not been for Covid."

Harry went on to express his love for the game, and said the sport had "thrived" since its birth in 1895.

He said: "Watching Rugby League is exhausting.

"Listen I spent 10 years in the army, I know what endurance is all about. But it's madness.

"Full respect to anyone that plays the game, I think it's amazing, and a lot of people would be jealous not to be part of that community."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12531883/prince-harry-coronavirus-uk-vows-to-fly-home-rugby-league/

Good on him

Archived