When Greg Inglis comes to Warrington ....

When Greg Inglis comes to Warrington:

1. What position will Inglis play? Full back or centre?

2. If Inglis plays full back, what happens to current goal kicking full back Stefan Ratchford? He can’t move to the halves because Blake Austin and Gareth Widdop have the halves spots nailed down.

3. If Inglis plays centre isn’t he wasted there?

4. How can Warrington fit him under the salary cap, given what the club is already paying Austin and Widdop? Or will Inglis be the club’s marquee player outside the cap? In which case what happens to Austin’s or Widdop’s salaries?

54 minutes ago, Manfred Mann said:

2. If Inglis plays full back, what happens to current goal kicking full back Stefan Ratchford? He can’t move to the halves because Blake Austin and Gareth Widdop have the halves spots nailed down.

4. How can Warrington fit him under the salary cap, given what the club is already paying Austin and Widdop? Or will Inglis be the club’s marquee player outside the cap? In which case what happens to Austin’s or Widdop’s salaries?

I’ll phone a friend please manfred

1 hour ago, Manfred Mann said:

1. Centre

2. Not an issue because of Q1. Ratchford is Warrington’s most important player, even if he’s not the most individually talented in one particular skill. He’s the complete player.

3. No. He’s an outstanding centre and we currently have one above average centre in King.

4. Been done to death. He’s already stated he’s not on that much money and he’s here because he wants to play another year before finally retiring (which he did too early). He probably couldn’t guarantee a spot at a NRL club without proving himself first. Gets to see Europe too.

You forgot No. 5 though... “Will Inglis turn up after the COVID situation?”... Possibly not, would be the answer. I guess we’ll have to wait and see.

15 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Settle for him getting here , being fit and well and playing something like the INGLIS we know as a genuine legend 

Why will no club in Aus take a punt on him then, not wanting much salery wise and superstar potential, has he been paid off by Souths by any chance and if he was to reemerge there in Aus he would have to pay money back? In effect coming over here he gets paid twice then.

7 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Why will no club in Aus take a punt on him then, not wanting much salery wise and superstar potential, has he been paid off by Souths by any chance and if he was to reemerge there in Aus he would have to pay money back? In effect coming over here he gets paid twice then.

He could have his pick of clubs in Australia and could still play tests and Origin if he really wanted. He is a man who has had struggled being under the media frenzy in Australia and that has harmed his well-being. He obviously still wants to prove something and he has earned that right as a magnificent player.

2 minutes ago, Scubby said:

He could have his pick of clubs in Australia and could still play tests and Origin if he really wanted. He is a man who has had struggled being under the media frenzy in Australia and that has harmed his well-being. He obviously still wants to prove something and he has earned that right as a magnificent player.

With due respect Scubby that is not the question I asked. I asked because I don't know the answer, but I know how good he was though.

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

With due respect Scubby that is not the question I asked. I asked because I don't know the answer, but I know how good he was though.

No he does not need to pay it back. He will have been retired over 18 months by the time he arrives at Warrington. He made no indication he wanted to play NRL again, but did want to finish his career on a better note.

Just now, Scubby said:

No he does not need to pay it back. He will have been retired over 18 months by the time he arrives at Warrington. He made no indication he wanted to play NRL again, but did want to finish his career on a better note.

he's not really asking the question scubs, he's just stirring the pot, this has been asked lots and its already been covered back when it was announced.

6 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Seems some sad people can't just welcome the addition of a genuine superstar to a Superleague comp that is in short supply of them,I seem to remember the same negative views by the same negative people when SBW signed.

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

Settle for him getting here , being fit and well and playing something like the INGLIS we know as a genuine legend 

True, I would start him in the centres as it is an easier position to blend in the first few weeks. If he is looking good and wants to play full back he should move there. 

Really hope he can show us what he has got. His ability is beyond doubt.

3 minutes ago, Scubby said:

True, I would start him in the centres as it is an easier position to blend in the first few weeks. If he is looking good and wants to play full back he should move there. 

He must be the biggest signing in the SL years 

5 minutes ago, Scubby said:

hes gonna be up against some world class centres in sl, such as reece lynn and erm erm erm

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Just now, DavidM said:

He must be the biggest signing in the SL years 

I don't really count Johns as he was only guesting. Inglis is right up there as the biggest signing in the modern era. Bigger even than when St Helens signed Phil Adamson aka Matt lol.

2 minutes ago, Scubby said:

I don't really count Johns as he was only guesting. Inglis is right up there as the biggest signing in the modern era. Bigger even than when St Helens signed Phil Adamson aka Matt lol.

Yes I didn’t count Johns either so he’s out on his own 

1 hour ago, Scubby said:

There was an 1/2 hr special on him on the ABC the other night, "Australian Story" and I saw him on as a guest on an Aboriginal Footy show called 'Over the Black Dot` the other day. He is looking really relaxed and fit and in a really good place.

Really hope you blokes get to see some of those length of the field jobs and finished off with the `Goanna`.

Just now, The Rocket said:

There was an 1/2 hr special on him on the ABC the other night, "Australian Story" and I saw him on as a guest on an Aboriginal Footy show called 'Over the Black Dot` the other day. He is looking really relaxed and fit and in a really good place.

Really hope you blokes get to see some of those length of the field jobs and finished off with the `Goanna`.

He's going to have real trouble trying to crack those SL defences 😄 

6 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Seems some sad people can't just welcome the addition of a genuine superstar to a Superleague comp that is in short supply of them,I seem to remember the same negative views by the same negative people when SBW signed.

And they were correct Dav re SBW, do you honestly thought he played to his billing in any performance he made?

Archived