West Tigers to cut Benji Marshall for next season

3 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

McGuire is causing a lot of problems with team selections, so much so, that the players have told him they are concerned with getting dropped.  This was raised at a recent meeting managed in his usual style.

I think he's a poor coach. His intensity brings some immediate improvement, before eventually burning the players out. 

1 hour ago, ghost crayfish said:

I think he's a poor coach. His intensity brings some immediate improvement, before eventually burning the players out. 

It’s not a bad train of thought. I think he is overrated. I am never convinced in his post match interviews or any other moments he addresses the media.

Then again, I would rather take on head coach role at Titans or Bulldogs before touching the Tigers.

17 hours ago, fighting irish said:

Benji, Benji, come to Momma (SuperLeague) Benji? 

Irish, my sentiments exactly, especially in the lead up to a WC, he would be great promotion.

When I heard the Morris twins hadn`t been signed for next year I was thinking what a great signing for an expansion club, great players and highly marketable especially given the novelty of them being identical twins. And they have shown they are not after the big payday any more either. Apparently though they are about to extend for one more year at the Roosters. Still got a couple of years left in them after that though.

Benji's always been a favourite of mine and he's still capable of producing a piece of magic that no one else can but I think his race is run, the workrate that a half is expected to produce nowadays is not what he's about. I don't think we will see him in SL now, the upheaval for what it's worth I don't think appeals to him unfortunately but some standout memories from him.

13 hours ago, ghost crayfish said:

12 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

It’s not a bad train of thought. I think he is overrated. I am never convinced in his post match interviews or any other moments he addresses the media.

Then again, I would rather take on head coach role at Titans or Bulldogs before touching the Tigers.

Brian Smith and Ricky Stuart I have always thought have been similar in the fact they tend to burn teams out with their micro-management, attention to detail and their intensity. If you don`t get a result in a about three years they tend to lose the team.

With all due respect I would not put Maguire in the same level as those two as far as tactical nous goes though.

11 hours ago, The Rocket said:

Brian Smith and Ricky Stuart I have always thought have been similar in the fact they tend to burn teams out with their micro-management, attention to detail and their intensity. If you don`t get a result in a about three years they tend to lose the team.

With all due respect I would not put Maguire in the same level as those two as far as tactical nous goes though.

Agree with this, although I get the sense Ricky Stuart has calmed himself down a bit in recent years. He's been at the raiders a while now and is doing a good job. Maybe bringing in guys to his coaching staff like Michael Ennis, who likes a bit of a laugh, was a deliberate move to help him keep things a bit more relaxed. 

20 minutes ago, ghost crayfish said:

Agree with this, although I get the sense Ricky Stuart has calmed himself down a bit in recent years. He's been at the raiders a while now and is doing a good job. Maybe bringing in guys to his coaching staff like Michael Ennis, who likes a bit of a laugh, was a deliberate move to help him keep things a bit more relaxed. 

Good call.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

Archived