5 new signings....

Rarefrith

It said "new arrivals" on social media so presumably not extensions for guys we had last season.

Based on League Express, Frankie Halton, Callum Field and Kris Welham could be 3, though Welham is still playing (and starting regularly) for Salford.

Maybe we will be getting a couple more youngsters from Leeds, the likes of Mustapha and O'Connor? With no reserves it's difficult to see where they would get a game next season, that's just a guess though.

20 hours ago, Rarefrith said:

Announced this week then. Who we going for? Kris Welham, Frankie Halton, Wellington Albert? 

according to grandson on twitter

24  irish  scored at blackpool

It's Frankie Halton,

40 minutes ago, plug said:

York have just signed Danny Kirmond from wakey we should have tryed to sign him would havr done a good job bringing the youngsters along with his experiance 

He doesn't really fill a positional need for us though does he? We have Day, Davies, Ferres, Harrison and the newly-signed Halton all competing for the  two edge back row spots. I doubt he will have been cheap by Championship standards, I'd say hooker, and maybe another middle, is our most pressing positional need as we stand at the moment, otherwise we look reasonably well covered.

4 hours ago, plug said:

York have just signed Danny Kirmond from wakey we should have tryed to sign him would havr done a good job bringing the youngsters along with his experiance 

He gets too many injuries. He's been a good player, but for me, we can spend our money on better options.

4 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Im surprised Kirmond didn't go to Bradford, they look to be putting together a team that would do well.......in 2010.

We're not exactly a youthful team here either with Ferres (35 in April), Lockwood (35 in March), Hall (33 in February) and Ferguson (33 in April) on board and Kris Welham (34 in March) rumoured to be signing...still they will feel possibly youthful when they visit the Tetley Stadium a couple of times and run into Brough (38 in January), or  for Dewsbury Sykes (who will be 40 by the end of next season) and maybe Finn (a sprightly 37 in November).

13 hours ago, Gooleboy said:

He gets too many injuries. He's been a good player, but for me, we can spend our money on better options.

A great lad ,had a good career, been a loyal clubman but I think that his body has had enough.

23 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

Still a good player is Kirmo

Heard on the grapevine that he has just taken over the reins at Sharlston  due to the fact that he will be part time at York.    Keep safe owd lad.

4 minutes ago, saddleworth said:

Heard on the grapevine that he has just taken over the reins at Sharlston  due to the fact that he will be part time at York.    Keep safe owd lad.

Nice to hear from you fella. Hope you're both OK.

Kirmo in one last hurrah with York. He'll go well. He's given good service to the game has t'lad. 

1 hour ago, Robin Evans said:

Nice to hear from you fella. Hope you're both OK.

Kirmo in one last hurrah with York. He'll go well. He's given good service to the game has t'lad. 

Aye Robin, he is a grand lad, first class clubman. Yes we are both ok. Still putting those blinking wheelie bins out. Hope everything okay at your end. Stay safe.

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/09/2020 at 07:39, The Blues Ox said:

Im surprised Kirmond didn't go to Bradford, they look to be putting together a team that would do well.......in 2010.

I think Bradford's 2010 squad, as well as ours, is being eclipsed by York's. They have just announced Ryan Atkins (35 next month), who has joined Tim Spears (36, if he returns for another year), Danny Washbrook (35 this week), Danny Kirmond (35 in November), Will Sharp (34), and Jack Teanby (33). Plus add in Chris Clarkson who is only 30 but was playing SL in 2010. Interesting to see which clubs' veteran signings pay off.

13 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

I think Bradford's 2010 squad, as well as ours, is being eclipsed by York's. They have just announced Ryan Atkins (35 next month), who has joined Tim Spears (36, if he returns for another year), Danny Washbrook (35 this week), Danny Kirmond (35 in November), Will Sharp (34), and Jack Teanby (33). Plus add in Chris Clarkson who is only 30 but was playing SL in 2010. Interesting to see which clubs' veteran signings pay off.

I'm pretty sure Tim is retiring now (what a career!)

Will Sharp is moving on (replaced by 26 year old Tyme Nikau)

Jack Teanby is 24.

Archived