5 at 5 - Dale Morton

Batley Bob

Only re-signings? Couple more inbound please or might we be waiting til SL ends to see how clubs tighten their belts and fringe players are on the market? The Hull centre mentioned elsewhere could be useful.

41 minutes ago, DOGFATHER said:

If you could choose 5 players to retain, who would be the first 5 you would select?

Mine would be:-

Bowman

Walshaw

White

Hooley

Rettie

You putting hooley and reittie before jc 

😯 

Walshaw

White 

Bowman

JC

Galbraith

IMG_0583.JPG

4 hours ago, Batley Bob said:

You putting hooley and reittie before jc 

😯 

Walshaw

White 

Bowman

JC

Galbraith

Yes I probably would, but it's a very tough call after the first 3 choices IMO. I'd pick Rettie over JC for the ground he makes out of defense and the balance of wingers when paired with Broughton, and Hooley for the probability he could improve due to his age, that's not to say I'm right though.

There are very strong arguments for retaining most of last season's squad, there is no right or wrong in this, just opinions.

Morton also misses out in my first 5, although I'd bet he makes quite a few people's first 5, not least for the fact he is a good goal kicker. It was a close call between him and JC for Rettie's spot in my list.

Although we clearly need the Walshaw unit, so as everyone says, one hell of a choice you have to make on just 5 names. Maybe after say 3 of these announcements it might be easier then to select another  5. IMO we can turn out a great back 5 already and an imposing front row.

59 minutes ago, phildog said:

Although we clearly need the Walshaw unit, so as everyone says, one hell of a choice you have to make on just 5 names. Maybe after say 3 of these announcements it might be easier then to select another  5. IMO we can turn out a great back 5 already and an imposing front row.

Out of interest Phil, who would be your back five? 

13 minutes ago, distantdog said:

Our man! Now, as Roger alludes to, where does he play?

Wing, I think we've got our two first choice wingers announced now

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Cos I was a day out, thought it was Monday start then couldn't grasp why we'd only had 3 in my expected 4 days! So are we getting a re-signing AND an inbound today?

Archived