Luther Burrell...

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

...can’t even make Warrington’s 21-man squad when they’re down to the bare bones after six players were stood down due to Covid.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/53999126

What’s happened there?

Good question but unless there is a fitness problem he is not even in the pecking order. 

31 minutes ago, LEEDSLADGONE SOUTH said:

They signed the wrong Luther 

Lex?

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

How many players have to be isolating before a game is off?  Only 3 of the 10 first choice pack is available.  I mean I know it’s only Hull, but...

Edit: I see Wire have elected to play the game despite the withdrawals (implication is they could have postponed it).  “Despite the withdrawn players the club are willing to put self interest aside and fulfil the fixture this Friday night for the betterment of the competition. 

For more information on the Rugby League Record Keepers' Club please visit our official website at www.rugbyleaguerecords.com

27 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Martin 

Wasn't he a King?

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

13 hours ago, Neil_Ormston said:

How many players have to be isolating before a game is off?

Does it matter as long as a club has 17 available for match day, IT IS ALL ABOUT SCREENING GAMES FOR SKY. 

Anyway what is the difference in a team being forced to stand player's down, and Saints last season on two occasions playing a very weakened team v London.

7 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

There was only 5 of them dk,  Dave Dee was one person plus the other 4😏

Steady on 'Arry, you're giving the game away. They'll have you down as an ol' codger. 

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Does it matter as long as a club has 17 available for match day, IT IS ALL ABOUT SCREENING GAMES FOR SKY. 

Anyway what is the difference in a team being forced to stand player's down, and Saints last season on two occasions playing a very weakened team v London.

Well the obvious difference is that Saints chose to do that completely off their own back.

But I think Wire are right to not look to postpone this, I think we just need to suck this up like injuries and bans. 

2 hours ago, dkw said:

Ah, the Dave Dee Dozy Beaky Mick & Tich cover band then....

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

There was only 5 of them dk,  Dave Dee was one person plus the other 4😏

Could it be a  Pugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble and Grubb tribute act? 

Announcement due on Burrell tomorrow apparently. TBH I'm not surprised it didn't work out. Think it was more a case of one of our owners being a Burrell fanboy from his peak union days. Not sure what it will have cost us to let him go, but it's important to free up the cap space that he would have taken in his 3rd year when the dispensation would be removed.

Anyway, good luck to him as he's a lovely guy, and here's hoping that Inglis will stick to his word and join us for Christmas dinner at the HJ and stick around until at least October.

Archived