Fri 4 Sep: SL: Huddersfield Giants v St Helens KO 6pm (Sky Sports)

Who will win?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Huddersfield Giants
    • St Helens

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/09/20 at 17:30

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, OMEGA said:

John Wells 

no one in either code of Rugby who can change direction with no loss of pace than like Grace!!!!!!

except maybe Ponga, Papenhausen, Aldo Carr, Tuivasa Sheck, Tom Johnstone, Watene Zelezniak Shaun Johnstone 

chuckle... he did stop and then swerved... so technical he did lose pace... but aaah its a good tag line

but no quibble he is so good whether he loses pace or not

19 minutes ago, OMEGA said:

No try, double movement!

no momentum, ball carrying arm hits the ground then lifted and promoted over the line WTF!!

Hard to see how that could have been a double movement...  perfectly clear but the video ref gives it!

Saints are very good at playing off side and laying in the tackle. One could only admire.

37 minutes ago, Pigeon Lofter said:

Who is the Hudds #24 masquerading as a rugby league player? 

No sure why he is still on the field as he's not even attempting to make any tackles, it's an embarrassment watching him avoid anything and everything in a blue shirt.

A young lad trying his best and trying to make it in the game?

Harsh, better, more experienced players have been made to look silly by Regan Grace et al

Just now, meast said:

Harsh, better, more experienced players have been made to look silly by Regan Grace et al

Coach "what did you do wrong there"

Player " I don't know"

Coach "fair enough, I don't know what you could have done, hoping you could help me".

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Just now, meast said:

Someone frightened like he was to tackle shouldn't be on the field, at least for his own protection if nothing else.

Watch the last 20 minutes again if you can, I've never seen any player so terrified and scared as he was in that spell to get stuck in and do his job.

Didn't expect anything else really, we tried hard but even with Saints missing Makinson, Percival, Roby, and Fages missing, they still had too much for us.

I think I'm right in saying that 9 of our 17 tonight played in the corresponding reserve fixture between the sides earlier in the season.

Saints were pretty clinical but there was never any danger of the score being anything less than a 30 point win.

It's just a case of going through the motions and getting the season ended and everyone safe now.

2 minutes ago, Pigeon Lofter said:

Someone frightened like he was to tackle shouldn't be on the field, at least for his own protection if nothing else.

Watch the last 20 minutes again if you can, I've never seen any player so terrified and scared as he was in that spell to get stuck in and do his job.

The same could be said of lots of others, just feel it's a bit harsh slaughtering a young lad who's probably low in confidence playing against a world class team.

The writing was on the wall for Huddersfield when they were well beaten by my shower last week.

Oh, and they should have known what sort of night it was going to be when Walmsley was tackled early doors, got to his feet to play the ball, stepped forward a couple of metres past the defenders meaning Hudds were down to 11 men, and set up the first try.

These offences need penalising, Saints were easily good enough to win without resorting to tactics like that.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

17 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Good thing Roby, Taia, Makinson, Fages, Percival and Dodd couldn’t play!

I know, just imagine how bad it could have been if we were without Golding, Mcintosh, Wardle, Gaskell, Sezer, Matagi, Ta'ai, Lawrence, Murphy, Clough, Walne and Butler - good job we didn't have to play most of our academy lads against a delepted saints !!!

We were never gonna be in that game and the fact the games are coming thick and fast is going to seriously affect all players welfare i fear, young kids carrying injuries been asked to play twice in a week is not ideal and in my opinion seeing the depleted squads we are already suggests the season re-starting was a bad idea and is only to please the paymasters at the detriment to players health.

Well done though Saints for being clinical, they'll do that to many stronger teams too so no shame - we are still the last team to beat them though 😉

Archived