5 at 5 re-signing 3 - Aiden Ineson

Batley Bob

44 minutes ago, distantdog said:

Genuine question Graham, but are Dewsbury looking to strengthen their squad for this coming season or are they relying on those from last season?

Both is the answer. We have concentrated upon resigning most of last season's squad that performed very well. In addition we should be recruiting a couple more players as well as exploring the possibility of season-long loans. Fortunately we haven't let many players go so don't need to panic to fill any gaps.

Hopefully when the staff who are on furlough return then the publicity "machine" will groan into action.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

4 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Both is the answer. We have concentrated upon resigning most of last season's squad that performed very well. In addition we should be recruiting a couple more players as well as exploring the possibility of season-long loans. Fortunately we haven't let many players go so don't need to panic to fill any gaps.

Hopefully when the staff who are on furlough return then the publicity "machine" will groan into action.

Thanks for that! Do you know of any clubs who have been brought to a state of panic by releasing players?

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

Thank you I couldn’t have worded it any better.

1 hour ago, distantdog said:

Thanks for that! Do you know of any clubs who have been brought to a state of panic by releasing players?

Halifax seem to have released a lot of players whether it’s due to cutting costs I don’t know. What I find worrying is the money that some clubs are throwing about. All we can do is worry about our own clubs and hope that we come through the other side.

14 hours ago, distantdog said:

None that are showing signs of doing so but some might be panicking on the inside. Widnes seem to have lost quite a few, for example.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

40 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

None that are showing signs of doing so but some might be panicking on the inside. Widnes seem to have lost quite a few, for example.

I think it is hard to distinguish between the normal recruitment and retention processes that happen at the end of each season, and the panic that you describe above. The peculiar circumstances that have occurred this season I would assume has added a certain urgency to the process. The two clubs mentioned above might be our prime suspects - I fully expect the usual suspects to turn up from one of those clubs to set the record straight.

Archived